Can I submit the same music I had forwarded?

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

SmoothBeats

Can I submit the same music I had forwarded?

Post by SmoothBeats » Sat May 20, 2023 8:18 am

Q1. So I got my first forward for the first brief below and I'm excited about that! I put links to my tracks just in case anyone would like to check them out. I still haven't heard anything back yet. How long does it take some one to get in touch with you after a track is forward from taxi?

Q2. There is another brief wanting similar music with similar refences and I want to submit the same tracks already submitted to the first brief. Is it ok for me to do that? Would you do it?

Q3. Both briefs are using the same refence tracks as the first belief its it possible that my tracks didn't make the cut and I should just make new music for this brief. I know I asking a lot but I'm new to Taxi.

LOTS of EMOTIONALLY UPBEAT HIP-HOP/EDM INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an International Music Library with lots of great placements in Film and TV.

This Library is looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals (and/or Cues) that could be heard on a playlist with the following examples:

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (from 2:48 - 3:06)

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (from 3:12 - 3:45)

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (from 4:10 - 4:36)

My forward Tracks.

https://www.taxi.com/members/lHmwiIwoSd ... party-time
https://www.taxi.com/members/lHmwiIwoSd ... qA-lets-go

Please send them top-notch Instrumentals (and/or Cues) that seamlessly blend Hip-Hop beats and EDM elements to create an overall positive, emotionally upbeat vibe and feel that could work well for shows like The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Your submissions should have catchy motifs, slick rhythms, and engaging arrangements with plenty of dynamics, forward motion, and interest. Instrumentation in the general wheelhouse of the references will work best for this pitch. Your production should be polished and any virtual sounds or samples you use need to be high-quality and not dated-sounding.

Second Brief

A Bunch of POSITIVE, UPLIFTING HIP-HOP/EDM/POP INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a hard-plugging Music Library with a GREAT track record of placements!

This Library is on the hunt for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that could be found on a playlist with the following references:

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (from 2:48 - 3:06)

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (from 4:46 - 5:00)

The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (from 3:12 - 3:45)

Please send them well-produced Hip-Hop Instrumental Cues bursting with tons of positive, emotionally upbeat, and uplifting energy that could work well for a variety of placements in sync. Catchy motifs, engaging rhythms, and slick arrangements with plenty of dynamics, forward motion, layers, and interest are all needed for this request. Current-sounding Hip-Hop instrumentation that blends in elements of Electronic, Trap, and/or Pop, and falls in the general ballpark of the examples will suit your submissions best – think bright beats, big bass, punchy horn stabs, etc. Your productions should be polished, and any virtual sounds or samples you use need to be high-quality and current-sounding. If you have tracks that give off a bright, bouncy, anthemic, and uplifting vibe and feel, send them in!

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Can I submit the same music I had forwarded?

Post by Casey H » Sat May 20, 2023 8:23 am

This question comes up all the time. How long to hear back varies from days to weeks to months to years to never.

Keep submitting your tracks until a deal is actually signed. A forward is just a pitch for consideration or as a friend says, "A favorable introduction". And yes, I would submit to similar listings as they may be from different clients.

:D Casey

SmoothBeats

Re: Can I submit the same music I had forwarded?

Post by SmoothBeats » Sat May 20, 2023 8:36 am

Ok got it! Just keep pitching lol. Thank you for your help Casey!