Can't Play My Own Music

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mfowler
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Can't Play My Own Music

Post by mfowler » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:49 pm

Yes, this happens to me as well... I usually use guitar.. so sometimes I come up with things and can not for the life of me figure out what I did! I definitely use midi for my keys though.

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by heinsite » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:33 pm

my problem is i can't remember my lyrics for the life of me--just words, even when it's a real song and produced and all...but i'm a real amateur, so the midi thing with my boss 1600 works great until one of my producers does the tune justice....since i don't perform, no problems...yet...wh

BraveNote
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BraveNote » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:28 am

Hey Paul,Did you happen to record the piano part? It's still on your internal HD...If not, don't worry. I stopped worrying about forgetting piano parts a long time ago. I compose on the fly when I do piano gigs. Always have. I have a handful of special themes I work around. Some of those themes branch out into other workable themes but I generally come back to the original theme give or take a few notes and phrases just so my audience doesn't think I'm a complete flake.So, when I compose, I will be deliberate (loyal to the theme) as much as possible without sacrificing a bunch of other complimentary ideas. There's a balance in there somewhere but I do know what you mean. It happens to me a lot... And this will happen more often when one smokes a little too much of that funny stuff.
http://www.wix.com/bravenote/the-studio

You are what you eat/You become the music you make.
"It's better to create than to learn." Julius Caesar