chemical, daft, groove??

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

solardaze
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

chemical, daft, groove??

Post by solardaze » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:58 am

Hey TAXI friends, for the below listing, i'm thinking of my song "The Northern Lights Are Singing" I would be curious if people think it fits. Its on my TAXI page: www.taxi.com/solardazeHIP ELECTRONICA INSTRUMENTALS in the various styles of The Chemical Brothers, Jens Buchert, The Postal Service, Daft Punk, Groove Armada, etc., needed by a successful music studio that works on corporate documentaries for such clients as Adobe, Nikon, Wired and more. They want instrumentals that are positive, energetic and fresh. Non-exclusive deal with a $200 licensing fee paid to you each time your cue is placed. If they like your song, chances are good it'll get used many times over. Please, no uncleared samples and Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine). Please submit one to three instrumentals online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI and must be received no later than Wednesday, September 2, 2009.

markjsmith
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: chemical, daft, groove??

Post by markjsmith » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:16 am

Nice track, I think it fits the listing-Mark

fullbirdmusic
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by fullbirdmusic » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:05 am

First few notes, I had to think of Scooter! He's huge here in Germany - even though he's been around forever. Only thing I might suggest is adding some distorted bass synth somewhere in there (before the last 10 seconds, where it's introduced) - that's the only thing I'm really missing from the "a la" suggestions (Daft Punk and Chemical Bros). But that vocal part during the break is pretty Daft Punk-ish and very cool! I think you're pretty much spot on, so you could probably ignore me! lol Great track.
Wes Costello
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full Bird Music - because you care about your productions. http://www.fullbirdmusic.com

solardaze
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by solardaze » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:37 am

Thanks Mark and Fullbird... much appreciated for taking the time to listen. Glad to hear i'm in the ball park at least. Fullbird i'll play around with your suggestion.Solardaze

fullbirdmusic
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by fullbirdmusic » Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:48 pm

This one's more than ballpark. I'd be very surprised if it were not forwarded.
Wes Costello
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Full Bird Music - because you care about your productions. http://www.fullbirdmusic.com

marcblack30
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by marcblack30 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:53 pm

Sounds like a great op and I think this song is on for it.good luck!
-- Marc Blackwell

wta
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by wta » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:23 pm

Yup, she's in the ball park all right... Vancouver's my home town, say hi to everyone for me...
Music is like oxygen, you can live without it but not for very long...
http://www.withcriminalintent.com
http://www.williamthomasanderson.com

solardaze
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by solardaze » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:12 pm

marcblack10 and wta... thanks for listening. I'm looking for my first forward after an 0-7 start. I worked hard at this one so i'm hoping for the best.wta, Vancouver says hi!!!

solardaze
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by solardaze » Fri Oct 02, 2009 3:32 pm

well guys I guess we were wrong...totally baffled by this:http://taxi.proboards.com/index.cgi?boa ... read=16066

gongchime
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gongchime » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:16 pm

The reason they didn't forward this song is because it's better than either Daft Punk or Chemical Brothers. You should continue to market it outside of Taxi. You've hit on something in your style that will probably take you and your music exactly where you want it to go even if the Taxi won't stop when you wave it down. Maybe thumb a ride instead from someone else or if your own car is on the fritz, ride a bike if all else fails. More than one way to laugh all the way to the bank. It's clear you've been doing this for a while and you've had time for your style to mature in a viable direction. I think you're this close. *Holds fingers a milimeter apart.*