We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

CHILL ELECTRO INSTRUMENTAL CUE

Post by DouglasKnight » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:14 am

Hey All --

Working on a submission for the listing below and looking for your feedback, suggestions, etc.

https://www.taxi.com/members/Gjdf7sdFR5 ... side-drive

Lots of CHILL ELECTRO INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by an extremely busy Music Library with a tremendously long list of killer placements in Hit TV Shows!

This Library is on the hunt for a bunch of Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumental Cues that are in the general stylistic ballpark of these references we got directly from them:

"Beach Memories" by Sum Wave

"Jacuzzi" by Jobii

"I Will Wait" by Anton Vlasov

"Rain Check" by Dylan Sitts

Please submit top-notch Chill Electro Instrumental Cues with a laidback sound and style. Your submissions should have solid beats, modern production, and super fresh, high-quality virtual instruments and samples. Craft your Cues around a singular motif and mood, and create a sense of forward momentum and dynamics by layering instrumentation in and out as they progress.

IMPORTANT: This Library really wants to find top-notch Composers – not just people who combine different samples or loops without altering them at all. Cleared sample libraries are okay to use, but any samples or loops you include in your pieces should be altered enough that they're indistinguishable from the originals. Basically, if you Shazamed one of your tracks and another artist's song comes up, your music would definitely be disqualified by this company.

All submissions should be about 90 seconds to 2 minutes long, give or take. Non-faded, buttoned/stinger endings are strongly recommended. Do NOT copy the referenced tracks in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split all upfront sync fees 50/50. You’ll keep 100% of the Writer’s share and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher’s share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is not already signed with other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Saturday, September 25th, 2021. TAXI # S210925EC

Thanks guys,
DK
Last edited by DouglasKnight on Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 7 times in total.

markanthony

Re: CHILL ELECTRO INSTRUMENTAL CUE

Post by markanthony » Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:58 am

hi. Sounds like you are using "Beach Memories" as your main reference? I am also working on this listing, but mine is more like the Jacuzzi one. The only thing that stands out is the energy level of the kick and low end in general. The kick you have is much more powerful house kick compared to the references. The references have more filtered/subdued kick and low end that is more typical of the "chill" genre. I'm pretty new here, too, so I could be way off.

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: CHILL ELECTRO INSTRUMENTAL CUE

Post by DouglasKnight » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:15 pm

markanthony wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:58 am
hi. Sounds like you are using "Beach Memories" as your main reference? I am also working on this listing, but mine is more like the Jacuzzi one. The only thing that stands out is the energy level of the kick and low end in general. The kick you have is much more powerful house kick compared to the references. The references have more filtered/subdued kick and low end that is more typical of the "chill" genre. I'm pretty new here, too, so I could be way off.
Ah, yes! Excellent suggestions, thank you very much. I'm new with this genre altogether, so any and all constructive feedback is much appreciated!
Good luck with your submissions as well...
DK