christian Justin Timberlake, mission accomplished?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

apjc10
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

christian Justin Timberlake, mission accomplished?

Post by apjc10 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:06 am

this guy came to me saying he wanted to be the Christian market's Justin Timberlake (an untapped market at the moment) so I wrote this for him. He is singing. Any comments are appreciated. "Freedom Into Slavery"http://taxi.com/alanpowell

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: christian Justin Timberlake, mission accomplis

Post by sgs4u » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:16 am

Quote:this guy came to me saying he wanted to be the Christian market's Justin Timberlake (an untapped market at the moment) so I wrote this for him. He is singing. Any comments are appreciated. "Freedom Into Slavery"http://taxi.com/alanpowellthe chord progression seems to be quite a rip of JT's What goes around." Maybe too close.the title could use a much stronger melody/deliverybut he's got something worth investigating, is this his production or yours?

mhoffman
Active
Active

Post by mhoffman » Fri Aug 10, 2007 4:01 pm

He's a good singer. You've also made a nice song. I'm not very familiar with contemporary music, so don't know what JT sounds like. What you've made sounds good. The tamborine upbeat hit is a bit high in the mix and gets distracting. If you have a chance, I'd also like to hear some more dynamics in the song itself. maybe some rhythm or tempo change-ups. I'm really glad to hear some Christian music like this. I hope songs like this get heard by many people. Thanks for sharing, Matthew

apjc10
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by apjc10 » Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:21 am

production is mine...yes...it is entirely too close to "What Goes Around." He wanted to start there and then add changes...nice catch.