Christian Murderer on a Shooting Spree

Want your lyics reviewed? Post 'em up!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

br1
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Christian Murderer on a Shooting Spree

Post by br1 » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:02 pm

Ladies and gentlemenI have a problemMy girl just said she's leaving meNow all I want to do is end meI'd do it myselfInvolve nobody elseBut my faith is based on ChristianityAnd the bible says suicide is a sinIf I ask politelyWould you please end me?I'm a Christian with a gun, watch out here I comeDoing what I got to do to get things doneDidn't want to do this, tried to give you all a chanceDoing to others as I want them to do to meI'm a Christian murderer on a shooting spreeWon't please somebody end meLadies and gentlemenI have a problemI need your help to fix itThough it might take some convincingYou've got two secondsBefore I pull this triggerThen on to the next innocentTo be my angel of mercy, my heavensendIf I ask politelyWould you please end me?I'm a Christian with a gun, watch out here I comeDoing what I got to do to get things doneDidn't want to do this, tried to give you all a chanceDoing to others as I want them to do to meI'm a Christian murderer on a shooting spreeWon't please somebody end meNow I know what they mean when they sayIt's hard to gain entry to heavens gatesI stand in prayer next to all these gravesAll the lives that Jesus died to saveAnd I think....what have I done?I'm a Christian with a gun, watch out here I comeDoing what I got to do to get things doneDidn't want to do this, tried to give you all a chanceDoing to others as I want them to do to meI'm a Christian murderer on a shooting spreeWon't please somebody end meStaring down the barrel of this gunGot to do what I got to do to get things doneEither way a sinnerWon't ever be a winner...

ontariolightning
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Christian Murderer on a Shooting Spree

Post by ontariolightning » Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:37 am

Who did he murder? I just see him asking people to end himI don't understand this

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:12 am

Sept 9, 2008, 11:37am, ontariolightning wrote:Who did he murder? I just see him asking people to end himI don't understand thisAaron, it's not a country song, is it. It's a strange lyric that asks people to kill the singer, before he kills other people. It's just a song, not a truth. Try to imagine Kurt Cobain singing it, and everything will make sense.

br1
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by br1 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:57 am

Hey Aaron, like Steve said, this isn't country, so it's following a slightly different progression in storyline.Hey Steve, Kurt Cobain eh? *laughs*Hummingbird, that's half the point of this lyric. Those people who will actually attempt to twist and manipulate the meaning of the bible for their own sakes, and do things in the name of Christianity. Steve said 'It's not real', but it's actually loosed basely on RL events of these things happening. It's far too controversial to ever receieve a cut, I daresay though. I understand your point of view regarding songs advocating violence, and I certainly don't enjoy it at all in RL. Yet as another person said, not everything is love and puppies either.'I'm a Christian with a gun' This image should already tell anyone that it's been twisted. As you said, the bible clearly states 'Thou Shalt Not Kill'. But again, that's the point of the lyric. Those people who will only see what they want to see, interpret what they want to interpret.Regarding myself, I assure you none of this is remotely relatable to me. I did not take an ounce of my own emotion and put it into this song. I consider myself an extremely laidback guy. Since I consider myself that, I'm no doubt no such thing. But I'm not angry either. *laughs*Cheers

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:17 am

Makes no sense. A "Christian Murderer" is like saying "accidentally on purpose". It's an oxymoron. A murderer isn't Christian, Muslim, Jewish, or Hindu simply by the act itself since it's not the act of a Christian, Muslim, Jew or Hindu. They may call themselves "Christian" when bombing an abortion clinic or "Muslim" when flying a plane into a building but they're neither... just murderers and terrorists.I guess it's "controversial" but not in a very deep, provocative or thought provoking sense. As a suggestion, I like to be "challenged" by things that make me think about things in a way I never have before or cause me to realize new things about myself, my beliefs or the world around me.

llama
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by llama » Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:43 am

Hey BR1,I think these lyrics have potential. I don't see them celebrating violence or suicide that's for sure. I'd say quite the opposite. Here is a person in the depths of despair, in the abyss with no way out. At the same time he is obviously a coward and a psycho path since he can't end his own life without taking some innocents with him.With that said my thinking is, okay his girlfriend/wife left him......but would that really push him over that far??? What else happened to get him there? His judgment is obviously clouded, but by what? Drugs?... booze? ...... Where does his Christian faith come into this? Surely this is something that is a comfort in dark times for someone who truly has faith. Also there's no way a Christian can justify murder or suicide so what happened to make him lose that faith. I dunno just some thoughts FWIW. I like the puppy quote. As songwriters we should explore every facet of life. Unfortunately it ain't all pretty but at the same time I'm with Hummingbird in that I have no place for anything glorifying violence, suicide, death etc. Oh yea dunno that this cannot be cut. You ever listened to any psycho-billy? Now that genre has dark lyrics.

ontariolightning
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ontariolightning » Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:30 pm

your hook is "christian murderer on a shooting spree" and the christian didnt kill anyone or go on a shooting spree, as far as i can see, i am confused

jay10music
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jay10music » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:14 pm

Hi Br1,I just want to make SURE you're not basing this lyric on your life or a personal situation. While I let this community run itself for the most part, when I see something like this, I need to jump in just to make sure everything is cool in funky town.Vikki's suggestion to seek help from a crisis line or other professional is excellent advice if this IS your life. And I sincerely hope you do just that if this is anything more than a third person lyric based on what you see on TV or read in the newspaper.I hope you don't take this as being overly dramatic, but I'd sure hate to miss the "signs" if this lyric IS one. I hope it's nothing at all, and I'll leave the critiques to your fellow members ;-)Be well,Michael

br1
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by br1 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:13 pm

Sept 9, 2008, 1:57pm, br1 wrote:Regarding myself, I assure you none of this is remotely relatable to me. I did not take an ounce of my own emotion and put it into this song. I consider myself an extremely laidback guy. Since I consider myself that, I'm no doubt no such thing. But I'm not angry either. *laughs*CheersI had to quote myself. *laughs* While it's good to see the concern and proactiveness is there, I 1000% assure you this is not me. Like I said, I'm not an angry guy. I'm plenty comfortable with my life.

suzdoyle
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by suzdoyle » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Hey BR1;I get where you're going with this; trying to take a dark, provocative look into the shadows behind someone's reality that may not make sense to the outside world. Reminds me of the movie "Bug", all about how easy it is to slip into someone else's dark reality.Anyhoo; I think you could tighten the lyrics up a bit; perhaps show more of a progression from stepping into the abyss into going more deeply into it -- and, perhaps even adding a surprise twist at the end (e.g. finding some hope amidst the despair?), which could add yet another layer of paradox. Just a thought. ,Suz