Christmas Forward

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Christmas Forward

Post by songmaster » Thu May 02, 2019 4:01 pm

Hi Everyone. I just got this forward for my song " Hitch A Ride On Santa's Sleigh ". Got my fingers crossed and my stockings hung :lol: The song is on my Taxi page if interested.

Y190429CH

ORIGINAL CHRISTMAS SONGS in a WIDE RANGE of STYLES are needed by a very active Music Licensing Company that gets a lot of great TV placements for TAXI members. They’re looking for Songs in All Tempos that could fit in the broad and general stylistic wheelhouse of the references below:

“Merry Christmas Everyone” by Andra

“Jingle Bell Rock” by Glee

“Underneath the Tree” by Kelly Clarkson

Please submit Original Christmas Songs that will get listeners into the Christmas spirit. Your production can range from simple arrangements (like a Ukulele, claps, and a celeste), up to bigger, more fully developed arrangements - genres like Pop, Rock, Electronic, Country, Punk, or R&B could all work for this request. Having a solid vocal performance could also help you nail this pitch (assuming the song is strong).

TAXI Tip: Little Christmas-y accents like bells, glockenspiel, or tubular bells could give your submission some added Christmas cheer, but they’re not necessary. If you do use them, we’ve typically found that it’s best not to overdo them!

Lyrics that are more in the ballpark of the secular holiday season will probably work better than religious songs, considering the context of the references. Please do NOT copy the referenced artists in any way, shape, or form. Use them as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, with a 50/50 split on applicable sync fees. The Publisher will get 50% of Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share and 50% of the Publisher’s share as well. Sweet deal! You must own or control your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with any other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis – Short critiques only. All submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PDT) on Monday, April 29th, 2019. TAXI #Y190429CH

TAniano

Re: Christmas Forward

Post by TAniano » Fri May 03, 2019 12:58 pm

Great song my friend! Congrats~

Kolstad
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by Kolstad » Fri May 03, 2019 2:37 pm

Fun write, congrats!
Ceo of my own life

DannyWeber
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by DannyWeber » Fri May 03, 2019 4:20 pm

Great song, Tom! Congratulations!!
I'm hoping Santa will be good to you early this year for this one!

Cheers,

Dan
https://www.taxi.com/members/danweber

Go your own way! Out of necessity, drive, gumption, whatever.. don't let anyone tell you you can't!
It's not what goes into your music that's important, it's what comes out the speakers

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Sat May 04, 2019 6:21 am

Thanks TAniano and Kolstad! and yes Danny, I hope Christmas comes early this year :)

Tom

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ResonantTone » Sat May 04, 2019 8:38 am

Congrats Tom! Glad it came together for ya!

Andrew

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Sun May 05, 2019 5:46 am

Thanks Andrew! Much appreciated :)

Tom

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Mon May 06, 2019 6:05 am

Thanks Tom! A placement would be nice, this is the first Christmas song I have had forwarded. Time will tell.

Tom

TAniano

Post by TAniano » Fri May 17, 2019 7:29 am

Are you going to continue to shop the song in the mean time? Continue to submit to opportunities?

songmaster
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by songmaster » Fri May 17, 2019 8:01 am

Hi TAniano! Yes, a lot of times I continue to shop the song because quite often I do not hear anything back. I've come to the conclusion that it is " first come first serve " I'm too old to wait by the phone :lol: If I don't hear back from anyone for 4 o5 months, then I try and submit it to a library that I belong to or a new one. Persistence usually pays off :)

Tom