Christmas Song Return & Feedback

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

BradGray
Impressive
Impressive

Christmas Song Return & Feedback

Post by BradGray » Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:35 am

Hey Passengers,

I had worked with a couple of collaborators on the below listing. The track we had created is the following which turned out pretty good. Give It Up For The Elves

The feedback was as follows:

What I like most about this song
the song has a great story and a solid structure. The lyrical theme is great - honoring the elves is not something I had heard before.

I think you could improve this song by
being a bit more festive melodically and creating a more obvious Christmas themed sound.

I returned or forwarded this song because
I didn't hear the easily recognizable Christmas themed sound created with the kind of festive melodies that were requested.

Style
Mood is off target with the listing request

Composition
Melody could be stronger

While my collaborators were rather disappointed with the outcome, to say the least, I do hear what they meant by the mood and sound being a bit off target. Though, the same could be said with the Clarence Carter track in comparison to the other references too. ;-)

So if you have a moment, and could add in a little extra feedback to the submission, and any suggestions to make it stronger, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Brad

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Listing Information

Tons of Original CHRISTMAS SONGS (in a wide range of styles) with Male or Female Vocals are needed by a very active Production Music Library with a lot of placements on MAJOR networks!

This Company is searching for a really wide stylistic range of Songs that could be found on a Christmas playlist with the following references:

"Dear Santa" by One Republic" Dear Santa

"All I Really Want For Christmas" by Lil Jon & Kool-Aid Man All I Want For Christmas

"Christmas Time (Don't Let The Bells End)" by The Darkness Christmas Time

"Back Door Santa" by Clarence Carter Back Door Santa

QUOTING THE LIBRARY: "We are looking for Christmas songs in any genre... and when we say any genre we mean 'Latin, Celtic, Folk, Hip Hop, UK Drill, Rock' and so on."

Please submit Original, well-crafted Christmas Songs in your genre of choice, but please be sure they are easily recognizable as Christmas-themed! Your submissions should have festive melodies, engaging rhythms/beats, and lots of holiday spirit. Since the listing is open to a wide variety of genres, instrumentation may vary based on which direction you go, as long as your submissions are competitive with other Songs in your chosen style. Please be sure that any virtual instruments or samples you use are high quality and appropriate for the style of your Songs. Expressive and well-performed vocals are key!

NOTE: We know the scope of this listing is big, but please make sure that your songs don't stray too far outside the commercial "lanes." Anything that veers too far into experimental sounds/genres or abstract musical ideas, likely won't work for this request.

Lyrics should avoid references to specific names, dates, times, places, and brands – unless they're Christmas-related (i.e. Santa, North Pole, December 25th). No Profanity, please. Do NOT copy the references in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Do NOT submit any material with unauthorized samples of any other artists’ music, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Christmas Song Return & Feedback

Post by Casey H » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:29 pm

Close one. I thought it was working with the Xmas references early on in the verse. Nothing in the melody was a problem for me. One of the references was just a blues thing. What I think would have made it better and more Christmas-y would be the chorus lyrics focusing more on the Christmas theme. It doesn't until the very end. I get that the song was "Give It Up For The Elves" but I don't think many people would hear that chorus and immediately think of Christmas. In many placements, they will use just the chorus or focus on it a lot.

Anyway, it's a really cool track that could find a home, possibly with some lyric changes in the chorus.

:D Casey

BradGray
Impressive
Impressive

Post by BradGray » Wed Mar 20, 2024 5:11 pm

Thanks Casey, I appreciate you taking the time to listen and provide feedback!

I too thought the melody was just fine, but I also agree while it was Christmassy it needed to be up another notch. Close, but no reindeer. ;-)

Interesting comment on the chorus' too. Perhaps there's a counter Christmas melody to be added there, to really take it up a level. I'm definitely thinking the bridge needs to really jump over the Christmas chimney too. But will assess that lyric for the Chorus of the song, and find a way to make it really solid. Since I'm sure we'll see some more Christmas listings this year. ;-)

Kind Regards,
Brad

WSAO
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by WSAO » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:57 am

Hi Brad,
In my opinion, your song sounds very good and Christmas like.
Maybe a some adjust in the lyrics like Cassey said would be helpful but not essential.
But as you said, Clarence Carter Back Door Santa "off target" and there's nothing to do with Christmas melody, that make us think that Tons of Original CHRISTMAS SONGS (in a wide range of styles) could be way more open, but no...
I think they shouldn't put references that are not in the requesting mood.
I did a kind of a funny song in a rock mood and it was a BIG NO :)))
Kind of, don't mess with Santa Claus...

My song:
https://www.taxi.com/members/WJQg0yIBTr ... stmas-gift

Review:
What I like most about this song
the song has a super solid structure and the story is unique.
I think you could improve this song by
using more Christmas themed ideas musically and creating more festive melodies. Santa also should not have cursed as that is not a universal lyric.
I returned or forwarded this song because
the song sounds good but doesn't have the kind of easily recognizable Christmas themed sound or universal lyrics that were requested.

You are not alone Brad! :D