Christmas Blues feedback request

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ErinC
Active
Active

Christmas Blues feedback request

Post by ErinC » Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:13 pm

I submitted this Christmas Blues to the listing below.
https://www.taxi.com/members/6uf_nfsVTz ... e-not-here
It seems like their after happy holiday songs but I feel like this song would be perfect for Hallmark movies or holiday rom coms just before the girl meets the right guy or guy comes back right after. I'm wondering if I'm in the right ballpark and would love some feedback. Thanks in advance. This is also the first time I've tried to post an attachment to a Taxi forum and it wouldn't take my mp3. I'm confused as to why so if anyone knows of any reason for that please let me know.

Lots and Lots of ORIGINAL CHRISTMAS SONGS in ALL GENRES with Male or Female Vocals are needed for a TAXI COMPILATION going directly to A WHOLE BUNCH of our favorite Music Licensing Companies, Music Supervisors, and Ad Agencies for Film, TV, and Advertising placements!

We’re not giving references for this request, as we think they may be too limiting. Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs are usually more easily placed, but if you have really strong Ballads or Down-Tempo Songs, those could work as well, in this context.

Genre-wise, we think you’d be wise to go with popular genres for Christmas music like Singer/Songwriter, Adult Contemporary, Traditional Pop, Jazz, R&B, Indie Folk, Pop, Country, Anthemic Rock, Indie Pop, Indie Rock, Soul, Gospel, etc. You’d be smart to avoid genres that aren’t commercially viable or relatable to a wide audience.

We’ve compiled a list of concepts, keywords, ideas, and phrases we think are a good place to start and could get your creative gears turning, but please don’t limit yourself to just these! We encourage you to come up with some of your own!

Concepts and keywords:

Christmas
Happy Holidays
Winter
Spending time with loved ones
Home for the Holidays
Joy
Snow
Staying warm by the fire
Santa Claus
Reindeer
Mistletoe
The hustle and bustle of the Holidays
Please send top-tier, original Christmas/Winter Holiday Songs that capture the spirit of the holidays! Memorable melodies, well-crafted Christmas/Holiday-centered lyrics, excellent arrangements, polished production, and engaging, well-performed vocals are all required for this pitch. Depending on the genre you choose, your submissions can range from stripped-down to more filled-out production – just be sure they are generally competitive with other top Holiday Songs in your selected genre. If you choose to use any virtual instruments or samples, please be sure they are high-quality and not dated sounding.

TAXI Tip: Incorporating some Christmas-y accents like a glockenspiel, sleigh bells, or tubular bells could give your submissions some additional Christmas cheer, but we’ve typically found that it’s best not to overdo them. Less is more, and they're not mandatory for this pitch!

Our A&R team will have a simple mandate: Is it GREAT? Does it sound ready to go as it is? Would it work well for placements in Film, TV, and Advertising? Would TAXI's clients be happy to hear this on the playlist we send them? The bar will be high for this request.

NOTE: TAXI has been quite successful in helping our members sign deals via the playlists on previous compilations. Our industry clients like the proactive approach :-) This playlist will be sent to dozens of TAXI's best clients, as well as some companies we'd like to have as new clients!

Lyrics should avoid references to specific names, dates, times, places, and brands – unless they are Christmas related (i.e. Santa, North Pole, December 25th) – if you’d like to increase the chances of your Songs getting signed and ultimately landing placements. Generally mentioning times and places in the context of the holiday could work. An example would be, "I'll be home for Christmas." An example of what would not work might be, "I'm flying home for Christmas on American Airlines, and I'm landing at 6:15 on Thursday at Newark airport." We made that a little over the top to make the point ;-)

NOTE: No profanity for this request, please.

Do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ Songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

Because the selected Songs will be going directly to many different Music Licensing Companies, deal terms may vary. However, since some of the Companies are EXCLUSIVE Libraries, we ask that the Songs you pitch for this request are NOT already signed with other Companies or Catalogs. That includes any monetization or publishing administration deals with online distributors like CDBaby, TuneCore, etc. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Monday, August 22nd, 2022. TAXI # S220822XM

tusox

Re: Christmas Feedback

Post by tusox » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:04 am

ErinC wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:13 pm

Concepts and keywords:

Christmas
Happy Holidays
Winter
Home for the Holidays
Joy
Snow
Staying warm by the fire
Santa Claus
Reindeer
Mistletoe
Please send top-tier, original Christmas/Winter Holiday Songs that capture the spirit of the holidays! Memorable melodies, well-crafted Christmas/Holiday-centered lyrics, excellent arrangements, polished production, and engaging, well-performed vocals are all required for this pitch. Depending on the genre you choose, your submissions can range from stripped-down to more filled-out production – just be sure they are generally competitive with other top Holiday Songs in your selected genre. If you choose to use any virtual instruments or samples, please be sure they are high-quality and not dated sounding.
We have been working on some original ideas for Christmas and one of the recurring themes is party entertainment that is missing form your list of ideas above. Where are submissions to be made?

Will you post here when the compilation is complete?

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Re: Christmas Blues feedback request

Post by Casey H » Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:29 am

This is really good! Love it! 8-)
The only thing I'm not sure about for THIS listing is how much they prefer mid-to-uptempo. Sometimes reading between the lines that's not just BPM, it's upbeat/positive lyrically. But really don't know. And this is so darn good, it would be hard to say no to. (Though I've been wrong before!). Best of luck with it!

:D Casey
ErinC wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:13 pm
I submitted this Christmas Blues to the listing below.
It seems like their after happy holiday songs but I feel like this song would be perfect for Hallmark movies or holiday rom coms just before the girl meets the right guy or guy comes back right after. I'm wondering if I'm in the right ballpark and would love some feedback. Thanks in advance. This is also the first time I've tried to post an attachment to a Taxi forum and it wouldn't take my mp3. I'm confused as to why so if anyone knows of any reason for that please let me know.

Lots and Lots of ORIGINAL CHRISTMAS SONGS in ALL GENRES with Male or Female Vocals are needed for a TAXI COMPILATION going directly to A WHOLE BUNCH of our favorite Music Licensing Companies, Music Supervisors, and Ad Agencies for Film, TV, and Advertising placements!

We’re not giving references for this request, as we think they may be too limiting. Mid-to-Up-Tempo Songs are usually more easily placed, but if you have really strong Ballads or Down-Tempo Songs, those could work as well, in this context.

Genre-wise, we think you’d be wise to go with popular genres for Christmas music like Singer/Songwriter, Adult Contemporary, Traditional Pop, Jazz, R&B, Indie Folk, Pop, Country, Anthemic Rock, Indie Pop, Indie Rock, Soul, Gospel, etc. You’d be smart to avoid genres that aren’t commercially viable or relatable to a wide audience.

We’ve compiled a list of concepts, keywords, ideas, and phrases we think are a good place to start and could get your creative gears turning, but please don’t limit yourself to just these! We encourage you to come up with some of your own!

Concepts and keywords:

Christmas
Happy Holidays
Winter
Home for the Holidays
Joy
Snow
Staying warm by the fire
Santa Claus
Reindeer
Mistletoe

TAXI Tip: Incorporating some Christmas-y accents like a glockenspiel, sleigh bells, or tubular bells could give your submissions some additional Christmas cheer, but we’ve typically found that it’s best not to overdo them. Less is more, and they're not mandatory for this pitch!

Our A&R team will have a simple mandate: Is it GREAT? Does it sound ready to go as it is? Would it work well for placements in Film, TV, and Advertising? Would TAXI's clients be happy to hear this on the playlist we send them? The bar will be high for this request.

NOTE: TAXI has been quite successful in helping our members sign deals via the playlists on previous compilations. Our industry clients like the proactive approach :-) This playlist will be sent to dozens of TAXI's best clients, as well as some companies we'd like to have as new clients!

Lyrics should avoid references to specific names, dates, times, places, and brands – unless they are Christmas related (i.e. Santa, North Pole, December 25th) – if you’d like to increase the chances of your Songs getting signed and ultimately landing placements. Generally mentioning times and places in the context of the holiday could work. An example would be, "I'll be home for Christmas." An example of what would not work might be, "I'm flying home for Christmas on American Airlines, and I'm landing at 6:15 on Thursday at Newark airport." We made that a little over the top to make the point ;-)

NOTE: No profanity for this request, please.

Do not submit any material with unauthorized samples of other artists’ Songs, sounds, or any other form of media. Broadcast Quality is needed.

Because the selected Songs will be going directly to many different Music Licensing Companies, deal terms may vary. However, since some of the Companies are EXCLUSIVE Libraries, we ask that the Songs you pitch for this request are NOT already signed with other Companies or Catalogs. That includes any monetization or publishing administration deals with online distributors like CDBaby, TuneCore, etc. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Monday, August 22nd, 2022. TAXI # S220822XM

ErinC
Active
Active

Post by ErinC » Mon Sep 05, 2022 8:02 am

Thank you so much for listening Casey! I think you're right about the up tempo positive vibe that they're after. Honestly, I was just looking for anywhere to post this one because I love it so much ;) I appreciate your time.

ErinC
Active
Active

Post by ErinC » Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:08 pm

We’ll… I at last got my review back.
Screener disagrees 🤷‍♀️ I see their points but I thought it was a lot closer then they do i guess. I’m really disappointed but I’m still new and getting my thick skin. Back to writing. I’m glad you enjoyed it though :) thank you.

https://www.taxi.com/members/6uf_nfsVTz ... scATCdzHgw

Erin C
Casey H wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 10:29 am
This is really good! Love it! 8-)
The only thing I'm not sure about for THIS listing is how much they prefer mid-to-uptempo. Sometimes reading between the lines that's not just BPM, it's upbeat/positive lyrically. But really don't know. And this is so darn good, it would be hard to say no to. (Though I've been wrong before!). Best of luck with it!

:D Casey

[

[/quote]