Classic Country Forward!

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

derekmcfarland
Impressive
Impressive

Classic Country Forward!

Post by derekmcfarland » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:47 am

The listing:50s CLASSIC COUNTRY SONGS WITH FEMALE VOCALS a la Patsy Cline are needed by an established and successful Music Publisher in L.A. who has secured tons of great Film/TV placements for many TAXI members. Be sure the tone and approach of the lyric/vocal are true to the referenced artist. Original songs only, please Ð no covers for this one. Solid performances are a must and recordings need to be Broadcast Quality (great home recordings should be fine).My submission (The vocalist is Tammy Lando):I've Never Been "Pretty" Beforehttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=1346 ... am=trueNow if I can just get one of my CONTEMPORARY ones through! (like this one maybe?):Fool In The Middlehttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=1460 ... =trueHappy Easter Everyone!!!

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Classic Country Forward!

Post by allends » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:56 pm

Apr 6, 2009, 1:47pm, derekmcfarland wrote:My submission (The vocalist is Tammy Lando):I've Never Been "Pretty" Beforehttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=134660&stream=trueHi Derek,Congrats on your success so far! It's easy to see why this one got the nod. Hey, good sound too! Apr 6, 2009, 1:47pm, derekmcfarland wrote:Now if I can just get one of my CONTEMPORARY ones through! (like this one maybe?):Fool In The Middlehttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=1460 ... m=trueMore good recorded sound with great players. Very creative writing. I checked out your MySpace Page. I'll Show You Where is so comfy-smooth & spiritual - a great way to start your set of precious, heart-felt songs.Good Luck,Allen

cameron
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cameron » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:03 pm

Way to go Derek! Very good song and I think you picked the perfect singer too. I'd thought of going after this one too, but figured if I didn't get it I'd have an old song I'd have a hard time using anywhere else. I have enough of those!!Cam

orest
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by orest » Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:23 pm

Great music! Well done! CONGRATS!!

k o star
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by k o star » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:06 am

Congrats Derek!-K
Keltrasonics Kellosphere & KO Quantum Leap =D

©2012, K. O. STAR (Kelvin) APRA- All Songs & Artwork Registered & Protected.
http://www.kostar8.com

jwebbinspired
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jwebbinspired » Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:27 am

Way to go!!! That's awesome!! Congrats!! Andy

lcmemusic

Post by lcmemusic » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:13 am

Great production, but the line "Fool in the Middle" sounds too much like "Meet in the Middle" by Diamond Rio, lyrics and music. If you've submitted this song before and it hasn't gotten forwarded, that may be why. Again, great production!

derekmcfarland
Impressive
Impressive

Post by derekmcfarland » Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:36 am

Apr 9, 2009, 9:13am, lcmemusic wrote:Great production, but the line "Fool in the Middle" sounds too much like "Meet in the Middle" by Diamond Rio, lyrics and music. If you've submitted this song before and it hasn't gotten forwarded, that may be why. Again, great production!Kid Rock does it all the time, what's the problem? Seriously though, thanks for the feedback- you're absolutely right, that line is very similar. Good thing I took out the "You start walking your way..." line!!! Guess it's true that there's nothing new under the sun. Several reviewers have taken the opportunity to "return" the song, but none have listed that as a reason so far.Thanks to everyone for the encouragement and feedback. Best of luck to you all.Derek

lsp
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by lsp » Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:43 pm

Derek,Really like "Fool In The Middle".The production does sound a little like "Meet Me In The Middle". That is not a critcism, rather a compliment.You might want to rock it up. Get more aggressive with the guitars, and punch the vocal more. Maybe lean more towards Montgomery Gentry or Jason Aldean. On some of the walks, etc just some thoughts. I think the song is strong....Good Luck!!

cameron
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cameron » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:17 pm

Apr 15, 2009, 4:43pm, lsp wrote:Derek,Really like "Fool In The Middle".The production does sound a little like "Meet Me In The Middle". That is not a critcism, rather a compliment.You might want to rock it up. Get more aggressive with the guitars, and punch the vocal more. Maybe lean more towards Montgomery Gentry or Jason Aldean. On some of the walks, etc just some thoughts. I think the song is strong....Good Luck!!Keep in mind that the listing was for 50's classic country, and it DID get forwarded.Cam