Classic Rock Lullabies

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

crs7string
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Classic Rock Lullabies

Post by crs7string » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:26 pm

I've put together this track for the classic rock lullaby Dispatch listing:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... tream=1New Listing INSTRUMENTAL LULLABY SONGS covering major Contemporary and Classic Rock Artists/Bands such as Radiohead, Metallica, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, etc. are sought after by a well-established Independent Label as part of a successful series of releases. Prior releases from this company have sold in excess of 1.5 million worldwide. They’re looking for instrumental lullaby arrangements of popular songs from major Rock acts(both current and classic), with a mix of percussive instrumentation (xylophone, vibraphone “kiddy” percussion, samples, keyboards & effects, children’s toys, etc.) The arrangements can be very quirky and cute, but need to retain the melodic sense of the originals to appeal to the fans. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. You will be notified by email regarding the status of your submission, either Returned or Forwarded. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received no later than Mar. 5, 2008. TAXI #D080305HAHope you like it and recognize the tune.Chuck
http://www.TAXI.com/crs7string

"Don't give me time, give me a deadline". Duke Ellington

timmerblakely
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Classic Rock Lullabies

Post by timmerblakely » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:42 pm

Very cool. Seems perfect for the listing to me. The synth movement has a really cool haunting quality. And the vibes bring out the lullaby quality perfectly. Very nice.Timmer

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:52 pm

I saw the congregation singing "In The Garden Of Eden" in church on the Simpsons once. Bart replaced the music in the hymnal with the full version of this. I have to believe that this is like Mary Poppins... practically perfect in every way.

llama
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by llama » Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:55 pm

Hey Chuck,Classic classic rock. I noticed you sub-titled the piece "Time to Hide Under the Covers" Yea, it has a definite creepy element to it. I wondered if the lead line as played on the synth should be played on a childs instrument like a xylophone or something. And then gradually build the lead melody line up by having some counterpoint played on another kids instrument. I don't know just a thought I guess.Your actual title reminds me of a very old Simpsons episode where Bart replaced Reverent Lovejoy's hymals with the sheet music to the Iron Buttefly song. and the Reverent's exclamation that "there will be no rock and or roll played here." Anyway, I digress. Good stuff Chuck. Hope this gets a forward.Derek

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:46 pm

neat! it has a hauntingly sweet feel to it
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:30 pm

This is soooo coool!!!

ibanez468
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by ibanez468 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:48 pm

Chuck,Oh yeah, that's an old classic 15-20 minute tune by IB. I still have the record in my collection. I used to wear that album out, both sides!ibanez468