Classic Rock or Country? No forward again...

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

toncart
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Classic Rock or Country? No forward again...

Post by toncart » Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:32 am

Well, I certainly hope that if they think my songs are "not good enough" that their critiques are honestly written. I know that being "good enough" is the bottom line, but I pay TAXI a lot of money to be as sincerely honest as possible in their reviews. Just "saying something" on a return is not being fair to the person paying for an honest review. I'm not even saying that this is happening. My problem with any review has been the strange comments or contradicitng advice or feedback. Even with this listing that I submitted to, how could anyone in A&R not know the difference between country rock and classic rock? It does make me wonder...

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by horacejesse » Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:49 am

I have not known any screeners to seem anything other than sincere in their critiques. I have been indignant after reading some of them, but that is because we sincerely disagreed. Still, I suspect they use a little filler sometimes, when it is the best they can do.I like your stuff (I've heard three or four songs) and I think it is good enough to get forwarded to artists looking for songs. I had thought it was good enough for broadcast quality too, but now I don't know, because others on here have doubted that, and experience has taught me that they hear the minutia of recording production, etc., rather well. That makes me worry for my own quality.

toncart
Impressive
Impressive

Post by toncart » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:39 am

Thanks man. The whole process is kinda funny. I remember getting the first "rough" copy of my song "Put It In Drive" and I was so happy. I thought it was a sure hit for someone. It sounded so good (especially with a singer other than myself) to me. Now, the more I listen, the more I have a hard time listening to it. I don't know if it's me or if I'm just tired of the criticism and process. I do see where all of my songs could have been better though the more I listen. Hindsight really is 20/20. I'm doing some legwork of my own outside of TAXI and I feel that I have a better chance with that than I do here. Who knows? I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm going to give it some time and if I don't see any possibilites out there, then I'm going back to the drawing board next summer and try to "un-cliche" what I have done.

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:40 am

Quote:....but now I don't know, because others on here have doubted that, and experience has taught me that they hear the minutia of recording production, etc., rather well. That makes me worry for my own quality.Don't worry - TRY it! ...and if it doesn't work, find out why & do the necesarry corrections.
production, composition & stringed instruments