Classical Instruments listing

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

mer
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Classical Instruments listing

Post by mer » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:17 am

Dear Ruth,Thanks for posting that duet, it is beautiful, and I enjoyed hearing it. I'm happy you got forwarded!--Mer (very new member!)

brindabella
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by brindabella » Thu Mar 20, 2008 10:32 am

Of course it had to be a forward! It is beautiful!! Love the guitar, so simple and pure, and the voices too. Who sings?
"The crucial thing in life is not to repeat oneself." Antonio Stradivari.

http://www.Reverbnation.com/laurasanz

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by vicky » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:53 pm

hey there.I'm late on the thread, but does anyone know if arrangements are copywritten....for example a Bach guitar arrangement in a book...cool, thanks,Vicky

lucas
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by lucas » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:22 pm

Quote:hey there.I'm late on the thread, but does anyone know if arrangements are copywritten....for example a Bach guitar arrangement in a book...cool, thanks,VickyHi VickyIf it's the original score, and the composer has been dead for more than 50 years, you're in luck because then the work will be in Public Domain, which means you can use and abuse as you wish. Why not rather try your hand at making a fresh arrangement, thuogh?RegardsLucas

ruthr

Post by ruthr » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:44 pm

Thank you all for your kind words! The singer is Louisa Hunter-Bradley (both parts). I think she's in Germany at the moment (I'm in Australia). She had a streaming cold that day and nailed it 2 takes!Thank you Vicky for your question about Public Domain songs because it reminds me we should register our arrangement with APRA (originally it sat in the middle of another song).

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by vicky » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:57 am

hey there,I might be stepping off in the wrong direction....I saw a listing for a classical piece....and I invited my close friend over for recording solo guitar tracks, some original arrangements, some improvised in a classical style, and a few arrangements in a book....here's the thing...I'm not playing on this; I'm just engineering....Can I submit this?I'm not signed up with Taxi as a studio....the guitarist and I are close friends and signed the contract for using tracks, but am I cheating if i submit it?thanks,vtbp

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:46 am

Quote:hey there,I might be stepping off in the wrong direction....I saw a listing for a classical piece....and I invited my close friend over for recording solo guitar tracks, some original arrangements, some improvised in a classical style, and a few arrangements in a book....here's the thing...I'm not playing on this; I'm just engineering....Can I submit this?I'm not signed up with Taxi as a studio....the guitarist and I are close friends and signed the contract for using tracks, but am I cheating if i submit it?thanks,vtbpAs long as you have signed releases from the person you hired to play the tracks, you may submit for film/tv.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

rld
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by rld » Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:28 am

Quote:hey there,I might be stepping off in the wrong direction....I saw a listing for a classical piece....and I invited my close friend over for recording solo guitar tracks, some original arrangements, some improvised in a classical style, and a few arrangements in a book....here's the thing...I'm not playing on this; I'm just engineering....Can I submit this?I'm not signed up with Taxi as a studio....the guitarist and I are close friends and signed the contract for using tracks, but am I cheating if i submit it?thanks,vtbpInteresting question VTBP...The way I understand it, and as TAXI mentions in their FAQ's... as long as you are the writer or co-writer then you may submit.