CO wants exclusive rights - Can't remove from streaming etc...

A creative space for business discussions.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ElMiguel
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

CO wants exclusive rights - Can't remove from streaming etc...

Post by ElMiguel » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:47 pm

Hello,

not sure where to turn to ask this, but I assume there are people on here that might have experience with my
issue.

I have a song where a label wants exclusive rights and I have previously released this song on a label, just
to have the ability to sell it on iTunes. (Cosmo Distribution if it matters is the company I used to release
the song). Normally I'd just tell the company that someone wants exclusive rights on it so please remove it
from sales, streaming platforms etc.

Problem is: The company doesn't seem to exist anymore as their site is down (don't clink on the home page links
there on Cosmos site, it seems scammy and buggy now). So is my song just floating around on iTunes forever now?
I've mailed them countless times and I simply cannot find a way to get my song away from the streaming platforms.
They don't answer on email BTW.

I would find it kind of bad to give this other company exclusive rights to it, while it is forever floating
on streaming platforms for sale...

Any ideas on what could be done?

https://play.google.com/store/music/alb ... aatxv6ugwa

https://play.google.com/store/music/alb ... aatxv6ugwa

annayarbrough
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: CO wants exclusive rights - Can't remove from streaming etc...

Post by annayarbrough » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:57 pm

Totally guessing here, but do you have an artist profile set up through itunes/spotify etc? Maybe if you contact iTunes (etc) directly through that and explain the situation you might get some traction.

I'd also take a look at the terms of that distributor if you still have them on hand... might shed a little light. If you're still hitting a wall a lawyer might be able to advise you in regards to your distribution contract.

Good luck!
Anna Yarbrough
Website | Spotify | SoundCloud

ElMiguel
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: CO wants exclusive rights - Can't remove from streaming etc...

Post by ElMiguel » Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:51 am

Yeah, I could go that way. All tips help, thanks.

I could explain the situation to the company that wants the exclusive rights, but it seems like a bad way to start a business relationship to bother them with
issues like these.