Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Comedy Slapstick, cartoon...

Post by pveniot » Tue May 21, 2019 9:01 am

Hi all, hope you are doing well.
Here's my pitch on Y190526CO

Please send them sparse, minimal Instrumental Cues that could be used in a variety of mischievous and comedic scenes in Cartoon Shows. Your submission should have a playful, cheeky style that conveys an all-around good mood. Stick to a central melodic idea and add dynamics and interest by weaving different elements in and out as it progresses. Be sure to Keep your Instrumental Cue simple enough that it does not get in the way of the dialog it might get used behind.

Quoting the Music Library: “We are looking for tracks that are sparse and somewhat simple. That does NOT mean boring, repetitive, or without evolvement. Please avoid sending solo pieces. We prefer to have at least two instruments in a cue. So, if you have a solo piece, add another instrument or two and send the new version instead.”

https://soundcloud.com/pierre-veniot/stallings-revenge

Am I the the pocket?
Thanks for taking time to listen..
See y'all

Pierre
:D Music is the Esperanto of the world. (Duke Ellington)

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Comedy Slapstick, cartoon...

Post by pveniot » Tue May 21, 2019 7:09 pm

CTWF wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 2:03 pm
pveniot wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 9:01 am
Please send them sparse, minimal Instrumental Cues that could be used in a variety of mischievous and comedic scenes in Cartoon Shows. Your submission should have a playful, cheeky style that conveys an all-around good mood.

Am I the the pocket?
Hey Pierre, your production is (as usual) very good. What I am not 100% sure about is the mood. It is almost a little eerie. E.g. the harpsicord and the sheep mahs (or whatever it is), gives me a little the creeps, there is a spookiness to it. So, is it still an all-around good mood - that is what I am not entirely sure about.To me it is a little borderline in that respect. If possible, I would try to lighten the mood a little. Tom
Many Thx Tom, you have something there, will change harpsichord to a lighter harp or something... as for the moos, had to try them somewhere...;-)

pveniot
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Comedy Slapstick, cartoon...

Post by pveniot » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:03 pm

Many thx again Tom, after changes applied.
Took off the Moos and harpsichord, put some jaw harp...
Forwarded!