Coming to the Road Rally! wooHOO!!!!

Talk about the rally here.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Coming to the Road Rally! wooHOO!!!!

Post by tedsingingfox » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:40 pm

I can hardly believe it. I joined TAXI last October and had no money for the trip.I've been reading about it for the last week now and have become obsessed with the idea, but I had no clue how it was going to happen.Three days ago, I sent out an email to a select group of family and friends asking them to help me pray for some way to get there. The next day, a cousin of mine who lives about half an hour from the hotel offered to let me stay with them (AND even use her car...1965 Mustang convertible) to get back and forth.This afternoon, another friend (who LOVES my music) offered to use his airline miles to get me there.I'm having trouble NOT crying like a 5 yr old. I'M COMING TO THE ROAD RALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Can't wait to meet you guys. These forums are the GREATEST. I have been entertained, informed, chided, and uplifted. Thank you all for helping motivate me enough to come up with a plan that has paid off in spades. wooHOO!!!!!!!!!!Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Coming to the Road Rally! wooHOO!!!!

Post by sgs4u » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:32 pm

that's really funny Ted, that phrase has been rolling around my head since yesterday, and I didn't even know that I'd read in on your signature. It just stuck with me. coolQuote:Hey, Steve.I wrote that little haiku back in 1982 just as my year of singing and performing on stage at Opryland USA was coming to a close. I was very emotional and painfully aware of how lucky I was to have spent my summer surrounded by such amazing, talented people.Ted

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Wed Sep 19, 2007 1:37 pm

Thanks, Steve.Believe it or not, until I wrote it out as my "signature" here, I had never realized what a potentially terrific song lyric/chorus it could be. Wanna help me flesh it out? We can talk about it AT THE RALLY!!!!!Ted
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:08 pm

Quote:So, it seems clear we register on the 8th. Are classes, panels, etc. still going on on the 11th, or is that the day we all go home? I need to know what to tell my friend who's arranging my plane ticket for me. so is my return flight on the 11th or the 12th?Thanks for any info you can pass on to me.TedHi Ted, welcome to the Road Rally, I'm sure you will LOVE it. There are panels until Sunday afternoon, the 11th, ending at 5PM. So either a flight later on Sunday evening, or Monday. Sunday night is doable since the hotel is only a short shuttle ride from LAX (make sure you fly into LAX and not Burbank or something else), but people are often still hanging after it's all over (as nobody - except the poor Taxi staff - wants it to be over...). People may decide to go out to dinner or whatever...so keep all this in mind.And check your PM's matto

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:36 pm

Quote:I can hardly believe it. I joined TAXI last October and had no money for the trip.I've been reading about it for the last week now and have become obsessed with the idea, but I had no clue how it was going to happen.Three days ago, I sent out an email to a select group of family and friends asking them to help me pray for some way to get there. The next day, a cousin of mine who lives about half an hour from the hotel offered to let me stay with them (AND even use her car...1965 Mustang convertible) to get back and forth.This afternoon, another friend (who LOVES my music) offered to use his airline miles to get me there.I'm having trouble NOT crying like a 5 yr old. I'M COMING TO THE ROAD RALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Can't wait to meet you guys. These forums are the GREATEST. I have been entertained, informed, chided, and uplifted. Thank you all for helping motivate me enough to come up with a plan that has paid off in spades. wooHOO!!!!!!!!!!TedI LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU PS - you can find me bleary-eyed at Starbucks every morning
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:27 am

Quote:hi all!this is my first time at the rally and i am a bit scared and excited! i just have one question i was hoping someone could answer:do we register when we arrive there or do we need to register by phone beforehand??please le me know if you kowthank you and all the best, looking forward to seeing you DanaHi Dana,You need to register for the Rally by calling Taxi at their 800 number. Have your membership number handy, and your guest's name (and possibly address) - if you're bringing a guest.If you're gonna be staying at the Rally hotel, make your reservations soon, I think hotel reservations need to be made by Oct 8.All this information is in the header of your listings emails, btw.Oh, and there's nothing to be scared about , I'm sure you'll have a blast.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:06 pm

Quote:So, Anne, since I know you went to the RR last year ... is there anything like a public message board anywhere in the RR hotel? Am going to be eager to meet you, but wonder --in all the excitement/confusion/energy-- how to try to find you (and Vicki and kg and squidlips and jchitty and......) TedWell, I don't want to seem like I'm not a team player, but I have some physical health problems that keep me confined to my home base. I never mention it that much, but folks who communicate with me via e-mail know about it. I can travel small distances, but Cali would be out of the question for me now.But who knows, maybe in the future when my health improves, I might attend a rally one day. Would be nice to meet up with you as well, Ted.

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:20 pm

Well, Hummingbird, we've already got a late-Rally (or POST-Rally) jam planned by the pool on the 11th. But that's actually a great starting point for finding folks. Will keep that in mind. Thanks.Chitty, I'm truly sorry to hear I/we won't get to sit down together and try to out joke each other over some coffee, but I'll consider this a agreed-upon raincheck. Deal? You, too, Steve. Ted
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:23 am

Quote:I really wish I had the good fortune to be in a similar situation. I would love to go but the cost of the hotel and flight is simply too prohibitive as I live in Philadelphia and no one seems to want to do a room share.If I was male, and I could go, I'd room with you Zirc, but still, I'd have that tidy quotient to my personality....it would be a drag 'coz you'd have to make the bed every day and clean out all the limescale stains in the shower. And you'd have to put the toilet seat down too. Steve, I once had a similar road trip experience.....years ago back in '68 (I was 14 at the time, and now I'm showing my age), a bunch of my friends chartered a bus and went to see Jimi Hendrix perform at The University of Alabama.....that was his one appearance in 'Bama. My mother wouldn't let me go 'coz 'he was a hippie.' LOL, if I have one regret in life, it's not being able to see Hendrix play live! Think he died two years later.And Ted, I hope you have a great time at the Rally. If they serve doughtnuts and coffee in the lobby, bring me back a chocolate covered cream filled one.

matto
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by matto » Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:28 am

Quote:If I was male, and I could go, I'd room with you Zirc, but still, I'd have that tidy quotient to my personality....it would be a drag 'coz you'd have to make the bed every day and clean out all the limescale stains in the shower. And you'd have to put the toilet seat down too. Chits...I think you're overlooking the obvious here...if you WERE male you wouldn't have that "tidy quotient"