Comments Please

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Comments Please

Post by geo » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:18 pm

Hey Guys, first mix of a song I'm considering submitting (Sports Listing and a Pop/Rock one) any comments welcome (sorry no lyric sheet yet)... Geowww.taxi.com/geohttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=63517&stream=trueHit the Road (Postcard from Kansas)

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Comments Please

Post by hummingbird » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:44 pm

Quote:Hey Guys, first mix of a song I'm considering submitting (Sports Listing and a Pop/Rock one) any comments welcome (sorry no lyric sheet yet)... Geowww.taxi.com/geoHit the Road (Postcard from Kansas)Hey, I like this a lot. Good groove. Good song. It sounds great to me. I do feel the lead vocals are slightly covered here and there by the drums & bass but I also know that for film/tv you mix differently. The only thing that really sticks out to me in this great-sounding song is the high synth... could just be me, but I'd like to hear a better quality sound for that. See what others say. And don't just think about submitting, put it out there!!H
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

johnhampt
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by johnhampt » Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:14 am

Hey Geo. This is one of you better tunes I have heard from you. Vocals could be up front a tad more at times...

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:33 pm

Thanks for the listen guys, this ones a co-write with my vocalist (he did chords/words I did melodies/production) HB, I didn't know they mixed different for TV/movie , I just try to get them mixed. I'll fiddle with that sound (the high string part) I combined a couple of different sounds to try to get something good (ancient keyboard), think I'll tweek it abit, thanks again... Geo