Comparing songs to the #1s (Part 2)

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Comparing songs to the #1s (Part 2)

Post by jeffe » Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:21 am

Again, It's that old chestnut variation.Perfect rhyme might go out of fashion. Then when everybody gets sick of imperfect rhyme. Perfect rhyme will come back in again. It all goes in cycles. Catching the trend at the right point could be important. Like riding a wave really (I've never surfed in my life, but I was forced to watch baywatch several years ago).So Chits, you might find that some of your songs might have a greater appeal just because that sort of rhyme is fashionable.The rise of messy rhyme!The cycles probably come back on themselves every generation. New blood every time to listen and criticise, and no musical history.So they like it because they think it's different, or like the songs their parents used to play, only more modern.The songwriters catch on to this, then every songwriter in the land starts doing it until it's everywhere and no longer novel. Then it changes back again, with the same pattern.This is not so much to do with music. It's human psychological behaviour patterns, but it's damn handy to know
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.