Competition Instrumental Cue

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

itzmac

Competition Instrumental Cue

Post by itzmac » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:49 pm

I missed the deadline yesterday by a couple hours but I would love your feedback on this track.

https://soundcloud.com/itzmac1/competit ... ic/s-UV14y

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Competition Instrumental Cue

Post by ttully » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:27 pm

Hi Itzmac,
This is a good track...but it is not COMPETITION Tension.
It is more like crime scene tension.

It would probably fit better to this listing:

PULSING SYNTH-Based TENSION INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed QUICKLY for a hard-working Music Licensing Company for placements in a popular Reality TV Show on MTV. They’re searching for Down-to-Mid-Tempo Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic wheelhouse of the references below:

Catfish’ Excuses That Are Obvious Lies (From 6:21- 6:57)

Catfish’ Excuses That Are Obvious Lies (From 8:05- 8:26)

Please submit dramatic, tension-inducing Instrumental Cues that could add a sense of anticipation to a scene. Your submission instrumentation should be electronic-based and have pulsing rhythms and/or melodies. Craft your Instrumental Cues around a simple melodic idea while gradually adding and subtracting instruments to create dynamics and forward momentum as your Cue progresses. Faint, minimal percussive elements can also be added, but remember, less is more. Simplicity and mood are everything for this request!

NOTE: This library needs a lot of Cues in this style by THURSDAY, March 21st, so please don’t be shy about submitting several Cues for this request if you have them!

Your submissions should be about 90 Seconds long, give or take. Non-faded endings will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced material in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with any other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - Short Critiques only. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Thursday, March 21st, 2019. TAXI #Y190321PS

My 5 cents worth,
Tim

itzmac

Post by itzmac » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Thank you Tim. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I will check out that listing :D :D

ttully
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by ttully » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:29 pm

Who in the Heck is Tim Tom.

Frankly, it sounds like a made up name!!! :lol:
I'd be very suspicious of these guys!!! :o

My 4 cents,
Tim...or is it Tom

itzmac