Composer Listing

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Composer Listing

Post by aubreyz » Fri Jul 13, 2007 6:05 am

Quote:Quote:Okay... I wanna play! Burned some midnight oil tonight and threw together a montage.You Said Montagebtw--- Dave and Mazz enjoyed your tracks. Gonna be some tough competition AubNice montage. You get extra credit points for have a style or two in your montage that I think neither Mazz or I had - Country and kind of a Latin thing were two that stuck out.Maybe we should have combined the best of the three and submitted as a new fictitious member. Great idea -- we could be Dave Mazzaub. Now THAT would be a circus.I actually thought about pulling a bunch of cuts from who I think this library is and editing them together --- just to see if it would pass the screeners...lol --- Okay, maybe not. There's that whole legal, prison thing to consider.Aub

dgolding
Impressive
Impressive

Post by dgolding » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:21 am

Lovely stuff as usual from everyone. I'm not submitting, but I wanted to play, so I passed the lunch hour puttting a montage together. Sorry if it takes a while to open www.goldingmultimedia.com/dg/montage.mp3Best of luck to all with the listing
It's a fine line between a thick soup and stew.

bombaycharlie1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bombaycharlie1 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:03 pm

Hey All. I'm a new old member...took a few years off. I submitted to this listing. Can't wait to see if I get forwarded or not. I live in NJ and I play in NYC every weekend. This would be a great gig!I wish everybody luck that submitted.Charlie

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:43 pm

Yeah Aub, some deliciously dark stuff in there. Very versatile. Cool.Dan, excellent, too bad you didn't submit!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

bombaycharlie1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bombaycharlie1 » Fri Jul 13, 2007 3:46 pm

Here's my link to my montage if anyones' interested in listening & critiquing...http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... rueCharlie

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:10 pm

Quote:Here's my link to my montage if anyones' interested in listening & critiquing...http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... eCharlieOK... here's the rules. You can either have good music or you can live near New York for this listing but you can't have good music AND live close to New York because it's not fair to the rest of us. Pretty good work there... DavePS - I want to hear more jazz and funk stuff

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Fri Jul 13, 2007 4:16 pm

Quote:Lovely stuff as usual from everyone. I'm not submitting, but I wanted to play, so I passed the lunch hour puttting a montage together. Sorry if it takes a while to open www.goldingmultimedia.com/dg/montage.mp3Best of luck to all with the listing I don't remember which listing it was but I had done something for a listing but it wasn't ready in time for the listing, only for posting on the forum. But that's OK because Mazz and Aub, who both have money coming out their ears, are ready to match the deal from the listing company and send the cash your way just for the participation and excellent (and sometimes trippy) music. Definitely some nice cuts here. Pretty interesting to hear the diversity from everyone but also to hear what some were missing that others picked up, like Aub picked up some styes that neither Mazz or I did.

spariam
Impressive
Impressive

Post by spariam » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:17 pm

Been busy and just came across this thread...dang, that's some seriously good stuff from everybody...hmm, I had a montage on my broadjam page. I'm not submitting, but maybe if I get brave I'll post it. Never the less, that's some 2am inspiration.Edit: What the heck...this is an old montage, some tunes I've "retired."http://www.broadjam.com/transmit/transm ... yhgbndsq=1

bombaycharlie1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bombaycharlie1 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:42 am

Quote:Quote:Here's my link to my montage if anyones' interested in listening & critiquing...http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... eCharlieOK... here's the rules. You can either have good music or you can live near New York for this listing but you can't have good music AND live close to New York because it's not fair to the rest of us. Pretty good work there... DavePS - I want to hear more jazz and funk stuffHey Dave...thanks for listening. I really liked your montage. Great ideas and recording...and the same out to Mazz and Aub (I've only had time to listen th those so far) They all sound so good...Good luck to all. Charlie

zink
Impressive
Impressive

Post by zink » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:42 am

I'm in. I'm keeping my fingers crossed since I only live 30 minutes from NYC.MontageI also sent a 3 song submission of different stylesZ