Confused

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jasmith909

Confused

Post by jasmith909 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:57 pm

Joined Taxi back in late July and happy that I've had 21 songs forwarded, no success stories as yet though. Am confused often by the reviewers, one says "you are great, best rock I've heard", next one says" what are you thinking, you're not rock you are etc. etc." Same thing with MR, and other listings. I understand we all have different taste in music but if I listened to some would not have gotten the forward by the others!

horacejesse
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Confused

Post by horacejesse » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:22 pm

Find the commonalities between critiques. Even with many forwards you gotta keep trying to improve. What if you are good enough to get forwarded often but not quite good enough to make landing a deal probable? What if you are good enough to land deals but not quite good enough to make a placement probable? Taxi has the lowest bar you will come up against, and it can be pretty high. Forwards mean nothing if you can't get a deal, deals mean nothing if you can't get a placement.No one can tell you much without seeing some critiques and hearing some of your songs.

jasmith909

Post by jasmith909 » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:16 am

Understand that the forwards are just the first step in the process so hopefully will get to the success step. Currently songs have done well on radio (ACQB) and making it into the top 10 with plays, etc. Will be touring again soon, currently in the studio working on another CD with 21 songs. I keep hearing the music! www.jonjonesmusic.com

heinsite
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by heinsite » Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:33 am

well i hear you loud and clear--frustrating--i had the SAME screener for one of my c/w submissions say basically "well done," but should go to a group like brooks and dunn--well, they happened to come up a month later, and alas, after submitted, not close enough--but wait, THEN i submitted to the 3rd and totally different listing, and the SAME reviewer said sounds like it would fit for brooks and dunn--ARGH!$@%$. i printed all reviews and was going to forward to michael, but it's hanging out there for about 4 more c/w submissions, so i'll wait. it's a "darn" good tune, had it demo'd even to make it "gooder", good luck to all. one forward in 4 years, but i aint giving up...heinsite out

jude3
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jude3 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:59 am

Quote: one forward in 4 years, but i aint giving up...heinsite outWooh!!