CONFUSED WITH CRITIQUES

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

sabino

CONFUSED WITH CRITIQUES

Post by sabino » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:03 pm

I always take in consideration Taxi critiques about my songs submissions and try to make the necessary changes but I got confused with the last critique. I've submitted my song "If We Could" to listings S100928AC and Y101021AC .

On the first one the song got:

7/10 for "Melody", "Lyrics", "Marketability" and "Song Structure"

8/10 for "Production", "Engineering", "Musician Ship" and "Lead Vocal".

The second listing was on a yes or no basis and the song was returned with a mark on "Not Master/Broadcast Quality Vocal Performance".

Well, since on the first listing the song got 8/10 for "Production", "Engineering" and "Lead Vocal" but then the Vocal Performance is considered has not having Broadcast Quality on the second listing, what parameters are taken in account for broadcast vocal quality? What do we have to do in order to obtain broadcast quality in vocal performance?

Best regards,

Sabino
www.taxi.com/sabino

fret17
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: CONFUSED WITH CRITIQUES

Post by fret17 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:19 pm

Hi Sabino....I listened to "If We Could" and thought it was great....I may be wrong on this but I'm beginning to think that BQ also includes the marketability of sound and textures not only in the music, but also in the vocals, no matter how good it's engineered and mixed...on a yes/no listing...it's hard to tell what they mean...could've simply meant your voice wasn't perfect or a contender for what they had in mind this time around....it may be perfect for something else down the road...It's also hard to reply without the whole listing to read...I'm just guessing here but if you really want a clearer picture of whats going on, then call or email an assistant to get some answers...good luck!

sabino

Re: CONFUSED WITH CRITIQUES

Post by sabino » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:57 am

fret17 wrote:Hi Sabino....I listened to "If We Could" and thought it was great....I may be wrong on this but I'm beginning to think that BQ also includes the marketability of sound and textures not only in the music, but also in the vocals, no matter how good it's engineered and mixed...on a yes/no listing...it's hard to tell what they mean...could've simply meant your voice wasn't perfect or a contender for what they had in mind this time around....it may be perfect for something else down the road...It's also hard to reply without the whole listing to read...I'm just guessing here but if you really want a clearer picture of whats going on, then call or email an assistant to get some answers...good luck!

Hi Tom!

I'm glad you liked the song.

Thank you for your advice. I think I will contact an assistant.

All the best to you and your work.

Sabino
www.taxi.com/sabino