Confusion...

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

dovetail
Active
Active

Re: Confusion...

Post by dovetail » Fri May 16, 2008 3:40 pm

I can understand 2 screeners having totally different opinions on a song. But what is baffling at times is submitting the same song for different listings, having it critiqued by the same screener and receiving totally conflicting opinions on it. This has happened several times and makes me believe that the time of day that a screener listens has a great deal to do with it. We all know that when listening for several hours under headphones, one's ears become less unreliable. So if your song is heard early in the screener's shift it will possibly be viewed more favorably than late in the shift after ear fatigue has set in. Just a theory but . . . .

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Confusion...

Post by nomiyah » Fri May 16, 2008 6:52 pm

Ted, I had the exact same thing happen to me. My song Couldn't Walk Away was submitted to 2 different screeners.One screener commented that the lyrics were really good and s/he especially loved the line: "As sweet as notes I blow in holes I made in flutes made of bamboo" but thought the music needed work.The other screener said he loved the music but mentioned the exact same line as an example of lyrics that need work.I decided to listen to both and ignore both at the same time. For every song I've written, someone has liked it and someone hasn't. So it goes.Hey, didn't I see your picture on the Taxi newsletter? Congratulations.Nomi