Contemporary, Fresh Hymn Arrangements

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bigdrisk
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Contemporary, Fresh Hymn Arrangements

Post by bigdrisk » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:29 am

Yeah, here are the links to the three songs I submitted. The first one Taxi forwarded. The second one Taxi returned, but after I got a deal on the first one, I submitted the second one directly to the company and they liked it as well. The third one, I guess is an example of what they DON'T want - probably a bit too contemporary or niche.http://www.driskellmusic.com/demo/faire ... nd.htmI'll post in the deals section a little later if I remember to. Right now I'm headed off to church. After all, it's Sunday morning!

daniel481
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by daniel481 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:51 am

They don't work!

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:00 am

Quote:Yeah, here are the links to the three songs I submitted. The first one Taxi forwarded. The second one Taxi returned, but after I got a deal on the first one, I submitted the second one directly to the company and they liked it as well. The third one, I guess is an example of what they DON'T want - probably a bit too contemporary or niche.http://www.driskellsongs.com/demo/faire ... nd.htmI'll post in the deals section a little later if I remember to. Right now I'm headed off to church. After all, it's Sunday morning! Congrats on getting the Deals!!! Remember how doubtful you were at the beginning of this thread? And look how it's worked out - now you have a relationship with a Music Library who is interested in you and your work, directly from a Taxi forward. Nothing feels better!! Kudos to you!!!
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

bigdrisk
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bigdrisk » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:29 am

In my haste this morning I typed the wrong links (3 posts up), but I went in and corrected them. They should work now.Thanks, Hummingbird, for the encouragement before. A little prophetic word there, I guess, huh?

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:57 am

Quote:Remember how doubtful you were at the beginning of this thread? And look how it's worked out - now you have a relationship with a Music Library who is interested in you and your work, directly from a Taxi forward. She's so nice. I would have probably said something like "SEE? TOLD YA SO!!!". I'll offer a second congratulations because it's well earned.

bigdrisk
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bigdrisk » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:17 pm

What's interesting here is that there is still a regular listing for this same project with deadlines (depending on the song) of 11/5 & 11/6. When talking to the rep. from the company who offered me the deal, I told him I would go ahead and work on some of the other tunes. He said not to bother - that they had everything they need.Taxi probably would not like me sharing that info, but if I were one of the guys still spending time on arrangements, I'd sure want to know I could be working on something else. :/If they hadn't contacted me, I'd still be one of those guys for sure. But now I'll be moving on to other things.

thecount

Post by thecount » Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:41 am

Hi Guys,Chris Baptiste from good ol' TAXI here. Per bigdrisk's post about the listing company in question not needing any more material for their project, below is the communication I've had with said company. As you can see, they are indeed still seeking for more material.My e-mail from 10/22:On 10/22/07, Chris Baptiste <cb@taxi.com> wrote:Hi Mike,Just checking in to see if any of the music we've sent over thus far is hitting the mark. And let me know if you need anything else. =-)Take care,ChrisChris BaptisteSenior Director of A&RTAXI818-222-2464cb@taxi.comwww.taxi.com <http://www.taxi.comHis reply:On 10/24/07, Mike wrote:Hey Chris... the hit of the stack is 'It Is Well With My Soul'... I look forward to your other submissions.TAXI Rocks!-MHis 2nd reply that day (to the same e-mail of mine):I'm also going to contact (insert member name here) for his version of Fairest Lord Jesus.... very nice! I found versions for Amazing Grace, Blessed Assurance, How Great Thou Art, I Surrender All and Jesus Loves Me. So, we're gettin' close to filling up our Volume... Best,-MNow here's my e-mail to the company today per the questions brought up in this forum:On 10/29/07, Chris Baptiste <cb@taxi.com> wrote:The listings we ran for you in the normal TAXI listings section all deadline in early November, so we'll get those to you as soon as we can. That cool?CBHis reply:Yes, we should be able to use what you get from the November listing... Please send on when ready!Thanks and Blessings,-MAnd my reply:On 10/29/07, Chris Baptiste <cb@taxi.com> wrote:And if you have completed your volume, will you still consider the new songs we're going to send to you for another volume or another project? I want to make sure our members' music will be listened to and considered, as you asked that we run your listings in TAXI as well as Dispatch. You gave me the deadline of mid-November as to when you needed the last batch of tunes, so I just want to be sure we're on the same page. =-) CBAnd his final reply:Sorry for the misunderstanding; yes, we will absolutely listen to and consider the tunes for our upcoming Volumes!It's all good...-MHope that helps, guys. Now...gotta get back to planning the Road Rally.Peace,CB

stick
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by stick » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:37 am

Good to know. Hopefully my Thousand Tongues and When I Survey will fill some gaps!