Contemporary Instrumental Cue

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

JAVI

Contemporary Instrumental Cue

Post by JAVI » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:23 am

Hi Everybody

I am looking for feedback on this track and specifics on whether it would fit the listing below. Track was made in the style of DJ Snake/ Bieber "Let me love you" which is one of the references given in the listing.

Here is the track: https://soundcloud.com/javi-olivencia/its-not-too-late

Thanks for listening!

CONTEMPORARY POP INSTRUMENTALS CUES are needed by a very well-respected Music Library with a solid track record of Film and TV placements. This company ran a lot of listings with TAXI about 10 years ago, and placed a bunch of music from our members. They’ve recently started a New Company, so this is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor. This company pays an Upfront Fee to Composers!

They’re looking for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Pop Instrumental Cues that could generally fit in the stylistic wheelhouse of these references:

“What Lovers Do” by Maroon 5 feat. SZA https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NmGGGlHpxQ

“Let Me Love You” by DJ Snake ft. Justin Bieber: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMs0GnYze34

“Mama” by Jonas Blue ft. William Singe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPTfXwPf_HM

Although the references have vocals, this pitch is for Instrumentals only. Please submit fresh, well-crafted Instrumental Cues that have a contemporary Pop sound (not dated, please!) that’s built around a central melodic motif that adds and subtracts instruments and elements as the Cue progresses to keep it from sounding too repetitive or one-dimensional. Forward movement and a developmental arc will help you win them over!

Your submissions should be about 2 minutes long (give or take), with Non-Faded, Buttoned/Stinger endings. Please Do NOT copy the referenced acts or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed (great sounding home recordings are fine).

sadpanda
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Contemporary Instrumental Cue

Post by sadpanda » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:47 am

Really nice piece of music...hooked immediately. Will be honest sir I dont know a lot about music but I know what I like...cant offer any indepth critique unfortunetely...Ear food springs to mind

nicotina
Impressive
Impressive

Post by nicotina » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:58 pm

Javi,

I think you nailed it- this really sounds like contemporary pop to me. I expected Justin Bieber to start singing at any moment. I did an A/B compare to the ala's, and your levels and eq sounded pretty close to me, and your drums and other samples are pretty close.

GuitarKit
Impressive
Impressive

Post by GuitarKit » Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:47 pm

Nice track. Good long reverb and samples.

This is not my genre though. I'm actually having a crack at it myself.

My only thought for what it is worth is the hand clap sample could be tighter rather than the one you have. Also, maybe a little bit more variety in the ear candy to keep it moving through.
Don't worry if you don't agree. Your track sounds great.

JAVI

Post by JAVI » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:38 pm

GuitarKit wrote:Nice track. Good long reverb and samples.

This is not my genre though. I'm actually having a crack at it myself.

My only thought for what it is worth is the hand clap sample could be tighter rather than the one you have. Also, maybe a little bit more variety in the ear candy to keep it moving through.
Don't worry if you don't agree. Your track sounds great.

Thanks Guitarkit! I will definitively check on that.

JAVI

Post by JAVI » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:41 pm

Wow Nicotina, thanks for taking the time to A/B it. I appreciate it.

I hope screeners agree with you :)

JAVI

Post by JAVI » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:43 pm

sadpanda wrote:Really nice piece of music...hooked immediately. Will be honest sir I dont know a lot about music but I know what I like...cant offer any indepth critique unfortunetely...Ear food springs to mind

Thanks!!!