Could Have Been (Acoustic Guitar Underscore Instrumental)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Could Have Been (Acoustic Guitar Underscore Instrumental)

Post by johndalenow » Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:15 pm

Please comment on ANY requirement that this piece does not satisfy as requested by the library. BTW, is the name I chose OK being "Could Have Been" or does it need the "It Could Have Been?" Thanks in advance. Best!

https://soundcloud.com/john-dale-music/ ... al_sharing

Several ACOUSTIC GUITAR-Based UNDERSCORE INSTRUMENTALS and/or INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a NEW International Music Licensing Company started by highly experienced, successful founders!

TAXI TIP: This is a hot new Library that's BRAND NEW to requesting music through TAXI, so chances are you don’t have any material in their catalog yet! This company is all about "new, fresh music," so this is a great opportunity to get in first and create a new outlet for your music and begin a new relationship with an awesome new company!

This Company is searching for Mid-to-Up-Tempo Instrumentals/Cues in the general ballpark of these references:

"Longest Summer" by Dan Kearley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbJ9cf2Fwqk

"Mountain Quail" by Dust Follows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOdjLxKb8_k

"Trailways" by Woven Hearts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5eTI30hev8

"We Might Be Okay" by Dan Kearley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVvOpEPjK2U

Quoting the Company: "We are looking for greatly produced tracks with excellent performances that are representing the style and genre very well, while still staying within 'production music' rules. We are looking for music in a range of moods such as: energizing, emotional, inspiring, fun, and adventurous."

Please send well-produced, underscore-friendly Instrumentals/Cues that feature well-played Acoustic Guitar as their focal point. Additional instrumentation like light percussion, synth pads, soft strings, etc. could be nice touches, as well! Your arrangements can range from stripped down to fuller ideas, as long as they remain simple enough to be usable for underscore. Please be sure that your production is polished and any virtual instruments or samples you use are modern and high-quality. We recommend sticking with one mood throughout your pieces so they remain cohesive.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This Company offers an Exclusive deal, and has a strong preference for signing material from songwriters who have worked for libraries and licensing companies in the past and understand how standard deals work. If you don't have that experience and you don't know the drill on typical deals, they politely ask that you don't submit to this request.

All submissions should be at least 1:45 minutes long and no longer than 2:45 minutes, with non-faded, buttoned endings. Do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT already signed with any other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Instrumentals and/or Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PST) on Wednesday, February 2nd, 2022. TAXI # S220202AC

DouglasKnight
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Could Have Been (Acoustic Guitar Underscore Instrumental)

Post by DouglasKnight » Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:51 pm

Hey John, I like the composition -- very moody and sparse, well done! The tambourine was sort of distracting for me and I didn't feel like it added to the piece, but otherwise it sounds really nice. As far as the title, my vote is for "It Could Have Been" Hope that helps, Doug

melodea
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodea » Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:24 pm

Hi John

I like the track per se, BUT...I'm quoting the listing: "Instrumentals/Cues that feature well-played Acoustic Guitar as their focal point[/u]"
The track's focal point is not enough on the guitar with only a single-note top line that comes in and goes out again + the supposedly well-played acoustic guitar sounds very midi to me. I wouldn't bet on my grandma's grave but as a guitar player with decades of experience that doesn't sound like a real guitar at all. Sorry, but IMHO the track as it stands doesn't fit the listing.

good luck

Chris
[glow][/glow]Melodea a.k.a. Chris Moser

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:11 pm

I like the floating, moody sense of this track.

I considered writing something for this listing, but then I listened to the the ref tracks and heard that they were all very folky-acoustic. Not my cup of tea. And not at all close to what you posted, John. I think you'll get the "veers from listing" comment on a critique for this track.

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johndalenow » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:22 pm

AlanHall wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:11 pm
I like the floating, moody sense of this track.

I considered writing something for this listing, but then I listened to the the ref tracks and heard that they were all very folky-acoustic. Not my cup of tea. And not at all close to what you posted, John. I think you'll get the "veers from listing" comment on a critique for this track.
DouglasKnight wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:51 pm
Hey John, I like the composition -- very moody and sparse, well done! The tambourine was sort of distracting for me and I didn't feel like it added to the piece, but otherwise it sounds really nice. As far as the title, my vote is for "It Could Have Been" Hope that helps, Doug
Thanks, Doug. I appreciate you input. Best! John

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:26 pm

melodea wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:24 pm
Hi John

I like the track per se, BUT...I'm quoting the listing: "Instrumentals/Cues that feature well-played Acoustic Guitar as their focal point[/u]"
The track's focal point is not enough on the guitar with only a single-note top line that comes in and goes out again + the supposedly well-played acoustic guitar sounds very midi to me. I wouldn't bet on my grandma's grave but as a guitar player with decades of experience that doesn't sound like a real guitar at all. Sorry, but IMHO the track as it stands doesn't fit the listing.

good luck

Chris
Nice track but I agree with the above. The guitar is not the main thing at all here. The piano dominates a lot. Not fond of the way the guitar plucked notes sound, too bendy and *possibly* off pitch.

Best
Casey