Could this song fit TAXI in your opinion?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Unisoner

Could this song fit TAXI in your opinion?

Post by Unisoner » Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:15 am

Hi!
I have seen many videos and articoles about Taxi as a service and im truly interested on investing some money into it BUT Im worried that what I do could not fit the service in the genre prespective.
I would mostly use it for my upcoming release and some old songs so it's pretty important for me that this specific song can find it's way into the service or it is probably not worth it for me.
Please let me know! You would give me a huge help <3

Song link:
https://youtu.be/YO-ssCZ8b50

jmkSlyder
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Could this song fit TAXI in your opinion?

Post by jmkSlyder » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:25 am

Hey Unisoner,

Do you have a specific listing that you think your song might be considered for? If not, you should search the current listings and see what music is currently needed (and copy and paste that listing tn your peer review post so people can comment on it).

BTW....I have a song called "Covid 19 Back Porch Jam" that is currently on page 2 of this peer review forum. It's an uplifting song meant to provide hope (and some levity!) for anyone needing some encouragement in these hectic times. I'd appreciate it if you could listen to it on the YouTube link and post any comments you may have...

Thanks... and good luck!

John Michael Karnatz

ResonantTone
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Could this song fit TAXI in your opinion?

Post by ResonantTone » Tue Apr 07, 2020 6:56 am

Hey Unisoner,

Like Tom said, that's probably not the best approach. Not saying it couldn't work, but you might be waiting a long time for the right listing to pop up... and in the mean time, it would be very tempting to try and fit a square peg into a round hole and get frustrated when it gets returned by a screener at Taxi for not meeting the listing criteria.

The good news is that your song is cool, and there is no shortage of opportunities for music in that genre for film/tv usage. If you have the ability to create new music along the same lines that can meet some specific criteria like you see in Tax's listings, I think you would be a great fit. And my guess is that once you get in the door with certain publishers, this song you posted would get picked up pretty quickly as well. (assuming it's unencumbered from any sort of publishing and you own 100% of the master/copyright)

Hope that helps!
Andrew