Country Hits with Male Vocals Listing UPDATED with Song Link

Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

babybluesedan

Country Hits with Male Vocals Listing UPDATED with Song Link

Post by babybluesedan » Thu Aug 31, 2023 10:27 am

I am prepping a song to submit to this listing:
https://www.taxi.com/industry#listing-S230904CY

This is what the listing calls for: COUNTRY HITS with Male Vocals are needed by a great Music Row Publisher for a Platinum-Selling Country Star working on his upcoming release!

I have a song with male vocals but I do have female harmonies in the chorus. Would having female harmonies exclude me from getting forwarded for this listing? I could remove them but they do add a lot of fullness to the chorus so I would rather leave them in. Obviously I want to present my best version of this song but I don't want to miss a foward for a reason that was so easily remedied.

Thanks for your feedback I'm totally new to this!

Lisa

EDITED TO ADD A LINK TO THE SONG: https://www.taxi.com/members/B4KGVGtsQK ... -than-love
Last edited by babybluesedan on Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

SusanAnnNorberg
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Country Hits with Male Vocals Listing

Post by SusanAnnNorberg » Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:54 pm

I don't really know, but I would think it should be all right. If it's basically written for a male vocal what's the worst that could happen, they ask you to remove the female? I just submitted a song with a curse in it LOL they wrote back asking me if I could send it back without the curse ......... I said S#@t yeah..... haha Just kidding.

Not having heard the song though I'm not really sure. Maybe you could post a link to the song and others in here will be able to give better advice.

babybluesedan

Re: Country Hits with Male Vocals Listing

Post by babybluesedan » Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:53 am

SusanAnnNorberg wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:54 pm
I don't really know, but I would think it should be all right. If it's basically written for a male vocal what's the worst that could happen, they ask you to remove the female? I just submitted a song with a curse in it LOL they wrote back asking me if I could send it back without the curse ......... I said S#@t yeah..... haha Just kidding.

Not having heard the song though I'm not really sure. Maybe you could post a link to the song and others in here will be able to give better advice.
Thanks. I added a link into my post.