Active
Active

Re: Country ?

Post by fbd » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:31 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:10 am
fbd wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:33 pm
Where on earth does it say " I'm confidant in them " ?
"Im secure about these things , I've earned a living out my voice now for donkeys years , these things are subjective "....would imply a certain level of confidence
fbd wrote:
this is the problem with you , its you who has too much confidence , you are confrontational ,
I call it as I hear it, other opinions are available
fbd wrote:
here is the scanners comment on my only submission " I'm loving the drum machine sound, catchy bass line and overall vocal delivery " and as for your comments on my awareness of music here is the same scanners comments " This is strongly headed in the right direction however is slightly off target with the stylistic purview of the high powered vibe of the refs." You and Tele obviously know everything about these things
Obviously the screener liked it more than I did but you never actually posted any reference tracks so it's hard to know stylistically how close or far it was from what they were asking for.
It wasn't this song , Im talking about your general judgemental matter of fact attitude , when these things are subjective . Can we please move on now , Im a humble person who takes no pleasure in confrontation .
Last edited by fbd on Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:28 am

fbd wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:31 am
It wasn't this song , Im talking about your general judgemental matter of fact attitude , when these things are subjective . Can we please move on now , Im a humble person who takes no pleasure in confrontation and I hate talking about my past , unfortunately Ive had to
No judgement just honest feedback. I've listened to all of your SoundCloud tracks now.

fbd
Active
Active

Post by fbd » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:29 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:28 am
fbd wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:31 am
It wasn't this song , Im talking about your general judgemental matter of fact attitude , when these things are subjective . Can we please move on now , Im a humble person who takes no pleasure in confrontation and I hate talking about my past , unfortunately Ive had to
No judgement just honest feedback. I've listened to all of your SoundCloud tracks now.
There you go again ,

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:39 am

fbd wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:29 am
There you go again ,
Thank you

fbd
Active
Active

Post by fbd » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:29 am

cosmicdolphin wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:10 am
More of a Folk / Rockabilly vibe about this one, maybe a hint of Country.

" Vocally it would need to be much stronger or possibly recruit a talented singer "

Mark
Just had a song returned , it says " the vocals are awesome " and on the previous from a different scanner " Im loving the vocals " , this is why Im secure about these things . My advice to anyone who has disrespectful , belligerent feedback is just ignore , there's no right or wrong , just opinions . I will certainly be ignoring from now on .
Last edited by fbd on Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:54 am, edited 3 times in total.

cosmicdolphin
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by cosmicdolphin » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:06 am

fbd wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:29 am
Just had a song returned , it says " the vocals are awesome " and on the previous from a different scanner " Im loving the vocals " , this is why Im secure enough to do rough vocals . My advice to anyone who has disrespectful , belligerent feedback is just ignore , there's no right or wrong , just opinions .
I glad you've had some feedback that's more to your liking.

Not sure if it's the same song but the vocals I heard had some pitching/intonation issues ( starting with “falling low” around 17s and various other parts thereafter ) along with some problematic chord closure in certain parts of your range which makes it sound too weak for the style of song.

My opinion. Like I said , other opinions are available.

irthlingz
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by irthlingz » Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:40 pm

Getting "track not found" on the SoundCloud link.

fbd
Active
Active

Post by fbd » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:17 pm

irthlingz wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 2:40 pm
Getting "track not found" on the SoundCloud link.
I took it down to stop wasting time going round in circles , basically I deliberately made a countryish song sound off centre and indieish , but it was a bit messy soundwise . The post got hijacked with more of the same as a previous post . I will be ignoring the hijacker from now on . I think its an ok song though , if Id have done it straight it would have probably just made the country genre .