crazy electronica gets deal

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

crazy electronica gets deal

Post by vicky » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:39 am

hi...I'm happy to inform....directly through Taxi....I got a deal for my first song that I did here at home, with me doing all the everything... I've been hoping to find a niche for this stuff, and step one is in place... I re-worked this quite a few times, and finally got it to the point it needs to be at.......I've improved on the version they have, and I'm wondering if I should go back to the older version or just give them the improved one since I need to send 30 sec, 60 sec, and a few 5sec stings...vtbp

nomiyah
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: crazy electronica gets deal

Post by nomiyah » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:12 am

Great news, Vikky, congrats

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:21 am

Aug 12, 2008, 8:39am, vicky wrote:hi...I'm happy to inform....directly through Taxi....I got a deal for my first song that I did here at home, with me doing all the everything... I've been hoping to find a niche for this stuff, and step one is in place... I re-worked this quite a few times, and finally got it to the point it needs to be at.......I've improved on the version they have, and I'm wondering if I should go back to the older version or just give them the improved one since I need to send 30 sec, 60 sec, and and a few 5sec stings...vtbpSlydini... PRESTO! Instant deal!!! That is SO cool. As for the question. Definitely give them the choice. Let them know you've made improvements but keep the door open for the possibility that they may still like the original for the same reasons they liked it for in the first place. Sometimes a musical improvement diminishes a certain "feel" that they liked... kind of a non-musical thing. Congrats!Dave

vicky
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by vicky » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:43 am

thanks nomiyah and DaveDave...hope you don't mind a question....When I make the 30 and 60 sec versions....do I chop from the master if I can find a good point, or go into the original session file, and chop, and then re-master from there (I hope I can remember what i did...I bumped the tempo up because it was an octane listing)?thanks,Vicky

jh
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jh » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:57 am

Major Congrats vtbp!!!!- JH

davewalton
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by davewalton » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:00 am

Aug 12, 2008, 10:43am, vicky wrote:thanks nomiyah and DaveDave...hope you don't mind a question....When I make the 30 and 60 sec versions....do I chop from the master if I can find a good point, or go into the original session file, and chop, and then re-master from there (I hope I can remember what i did...I bumped the tempo up because it was an octane listing)?thanks,VickyI would do whatever is required to make it a true, stand-along track that happens to be 30 seconds long or 60 seconds long. If the music library has a website, listen to a couple of tracks if they have them in full, 60-second, and 30-second version (they usually will). Generally speaking, any alternate version you do, you want those to stand on their own.

jeffgreenleaf
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jeffgreenleaf » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:07 am

CONGRATZ Vicky!!! Keep it up!Jeff

crystallions
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by crystallions » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:36 am

Congratulations!
Lydia L. Ashton

http://www.lydiaashton.com

"To send light into the darkness of men's hearts - such is the duty of the artist." - Robert Schumann

allends
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by allends » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:43 am

Aug 12, 2008, 8:39am, vicky wrote:hi...I'm happy to inform....directly through Taxi....I got a deal for my first song that I did here at home, with me doing all the everything... Wow VTBP! That's such sweeeeeet news! Super Ultra Mega Congrats to you!!!-Allen

orest
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by orest » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:57 am

This is great news! Congrats!!