Credits for music placements

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

ITBAudio
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Credits for music placements

Post by ITBAudio » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:26 am

Hey all, wondering if there's a good resource out there that shows credits for music placed in documentaries, tv shows etc (other than the obvious, looking at the credits!).

With this self isolation, I've been finding myself watching a lot of docu-series and coming across snippets of music i'd like to find more info on; composer, track title, library etc

IMDB has some of this info (if you're lucky), but wondering if there's a better resource for this?

superkons
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Credits for music placements

Post by superkons » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:57 am

I once watched a video Nick Murray made, where he showed how he added credits for his music used in shows himself into IMDb, based upon his PRO's usage report. I cannot remember whether he mentioned that individual composers do not get credited, there may be an indication of where the music was sourced from, usually a company. After all, it is very common for shows to use 100s of tracks for the background music, and those come from many different composers.
If a show has hired a composer, then that would be an official credit, of course
Last edited by superkons on Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marco - Pianist, keyboardist, composer for film/TV/games/media

https://musicalwizardry.com
https://soundcloud.com/marcoiannello

ITBAudio
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ITBAudio » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:03 am

Thanks superkons, Nick seems to have posted everything he's worked on, impressive resume!

I guess a lot of spots are only for a few seconds as you mentioned/ a lot of composers won't know their work has been used at all if licensed through a library.

MBantle
Impressive
Impressive

Post by MBantle » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:36 am

ITBAudio wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:26 am
Hey all, wondering if there's a good resource out there that shows credits for music placed in documentaries, tv shows etc (other than the obvious, looking at the credits!).

With this self isolation, I've been finding myself watching a lot of docu-series and coming across snippets of music i'd like to find more info on; composer, track title, library etc

IMDB has some of this info (if you're lucky), but wondering if there's a better resource for this?
If I understand correctly you are looking for something like https://www.tunefind.com
Cheers,
Matt

ITBAudio
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by ITBAudio » Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:13 am

Awesome, thank you so much, very useful!