Critique Anonymity Unfair

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Critique Anonymity Unfair

Post by jchitty » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:25 am

I'm glad that Michael Laskow took the time to answer some of the questions asked here. They were questions I was certainly curious about.I think for the money, TAXI is a really good deal. Everything in life is a mixed bag, no service is perfect. I haven't always been overjoyed with a few of my critiques, but there have been times (like the critique I received on Monday) where a screener has really given me hope and taken the time to encourage and correct flaws in my songwriting that I couldn't see. I was ELATED with that critique, and as far as I'm concerned that critique was worth my membership for the whole year. I didn't get a foward, but I got something I've been looking for...someone to say, 'keep writing, you're getting there." I don't live in a networking town....this board and all various TAXI services allow me to do that. I like the fact that this message board is such a good exchange for ideas, support and information, even though people can be critical at times....it balances out and makes this board a truly supportive place for musicians and songwriters. I pitch on my own as well. I've always looked at TAXI as only one necessary leg of the stool, not the end all and be all, but still a good leg of the stool to have.My goal is not to disagree with any poster here....everyone has a right to say what they feel. I just think it's cool that the Prez of the company actually answered some questions for his members.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:55 am

Quote:How true.Well, I wasn't coming down on you Jeffe. I'm just blown away by the fact that the Prez of any company would come on here and answer questions for people...usually, companies take the "Bridgestone approach".....remember when Bridgestone tires were causing all these accidents and they just turned a blind eye to consumers?

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:46 am

It's like I was saying. People get a lot of respect for appearing at different levels, even though their position is higher (Getting their hands dirty).
It's been said that I have Murderous eyes.

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:39 am

Referring to the previous post. Before anybody thinks I'm talking about Michael again Which I'm clearly not.

johnnydean1
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by johnnydean1 » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:01 am

Quote:Quote:How true.Well, I wasn't coming down on you Jeffe. I'm just blown away by the fact that the Prez of any company would come on here and answer questions for people...usually, companies take the "Bridgestone approach".....remember when Bridgestone tires were causing all these accidents and they just turned a blind eye to consumers?Have I missed something?This is Taxi not Microsoft!Wouldn't you expect ML to be a bit closer to his clients than BG.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:04 am

Quote:Michael Laskow totally rocks!!!So Hitmaker, give it a rest. Everyone else, stop whining and get to work on your craft.We have gotten forwards, We have gotten rejections.We're lovin' every minute of it and gettin' better all the time!Taxi is awesome!You're not that boss on The Office, are you?

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:05 am

Quote:Quote:Well, I wasn't coming down on you Jeffe. I'm just blown away by the fact that the Prez of any company would come on here and answer questions for people...usually, companies take the "Bridgestone approach".....remember when Bridgestone tires were causing all these accidents and they just turned a blind eye to consumers?Have I missed something?This is Taxi not Microsoft!Wouldn't you expect ML to be a bit closer to his clients than BG.I know TAXI isn't Microsoft, and besides, Michael has MUCH better hair than Bill Gates.

jeffe
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jeffe » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:55 am

Quote:Quote:Well, I wasn't coming down on you Jeffe. I'm just blown away by the fact that the Prez of any company would come on here and answer questions for people...usually, companies take the "Bridgestone approach".....remember when Bridgestone tires were causing all these accidents and they just turned a blind eye to consumers?Have I missed something?This is Taxi not Microsoft!Wouldn't you expect ML to be a bit closer to his clients than BG......and the tunes that get through screening actually work.Unlike Microsoft products.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:46 am

You're probably right, things are best left unsaid. I think the biggest tribute I could pay to TAXI and ML is with my wallet......I am satisfied with this company, and that is why I will be renewing my membership come early summer. And I don't part with funds easily, lemme tell you.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:18 am

Quote:Did you ever have one of those times when you think.... maybe I better just shut up......?? The only thing I want to say is..... Thank you Michael Laskow..... for everything you do, and for every way you've tried to help me out .... I hope soon to be one of the Taxi success stories..ArkJack censored