Critique Overdue

A cozy place to hang out and discuss all things music.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

keenmilsom

Critique Overdue

Post by keenmilsom » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Hi

Newbie here. Bit disappointed that my very first submission has now been waiting 33 days after the deadline date and is still 'pending'. My expectation was set at a critique between 10 and 30 days. Is it normal to take more than 30 days?

I pay $300 and kind of expect something in return ...

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it's hard to see what it is. The listing was for a full critique (not yes/no)

Cheers
Andy (UK)

2lane
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Critique Overdue

Post by 2lane » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:29 am

keenmilsom wrote:Hi

Newbie here. Bit disappointed that my very first submission has now been waiting 33 days after the deadline date and is still 'pending'. My expectation was set at a critique between 10 and 30 days. Is it normal to take more than 30 days?

I pay $300 and kind of expect something in return ...

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but it's hard to see what it is. The listing was for a full critique (not yes/no)

Cheers
Andy (UK)
Hello Andy,
In some cases, not very often, if there is a ton of submissions to a listing, it can take some time......especially on the full critique listings.
If you don't hear back in say "a week", send an email to... headscreener.. at... taxi.com (I didn't put it in there correct cause it would make a link, but you know how to do it right)
Also make sure you have Taxi white listed on your email so there's less chance of their stuff going to your junk mail folder.
As for the $300 comment......trust me, Michael and the Taxi staff gives "to the end of the earth" type service for that money.
Michael, has been doing this for over 20 years, you don't have that kinda of longevity by being dishonest (not that you were maybe really trying to say that ;) ).
When you have time, peruse the success stories and forwards section...all real people, and real good people at that!
Good luck, and welcome!

Cheers,
Steve
Worse, how can it be worse...Jehova Jehova Jehova

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:40 am

Andy
I don't think your critique being 3 days later than the typical 30 day window (note the word "typical") warrants questioning your membership fee with the tone you did.

Sometimes listings take more than 30 days if there are a large number of submissions or the nature of the listing requires the availability of a specific screener. I've had some go out as much as 6 weeks. Most of the time, they come back within 30 days give or take a few days.

As mentioned, make sure nothing is getting trapped in your spam catcher. Also, if you have a concern, it's best to simply contact Taxi through their website or at headscreener AT Taxi dot com.

Best,
:D Casey

PeterD
Serious Musician
Serious Musician
Location: Formerly Somerset/Swansea, MA ... Currently, San Jose, CA

Post by PeterD » Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:07 pm

It's all good,

I've had results take 7 weeks in the past. You can always call 'em up.

If it's a mess-up on their end, I've even had them refund the submission fee.

Tom and Sarah there are GREAT! Or anyone, for that matter ...
Good luck,
:D
If I log off, I may never be able to get back on ;)

Peter D'Angelo

http://www.taxi.com/peterd
https://soundcloud.com/moanakeiki

tomattaxi

Post by tomattaxi » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:07 pm

Hey Andy -

Sorry for the delay on this one! You should hear word this weekend.

Thanks!

-Tom @ TAXI
Head of Artist & Writer Relations
(818)222-2464

keenmilsom

Post by keenmilsom » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:25 pm

Hey, thanks for the feedback.

OK, I take back my comment about the fee - I understand we all get busy at times and I'm no deadline angel myself!

It's fine now that I understand I'm not alone and that there is a means of enquiring.

I'm just pretty excited about the whole Taxi thing - want to get my hands on that first critique and learn from the folks that know!

Thanks once again.
Andy