Tell Your Friends about Gear that you love

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Dwayne Russell
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Cubase 6

Post by Dwayne Russell » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:30 pm

Just got it Friday.

The ability to quantize live drums is awesome! It really does work!

And to be able to edit multiple files at once is an incredible time and head ache saver.

Any one ever record using two or more mics on one instrument? Then you have to edit those mics? Instead of having to grab all three files and be careful, now it's just like cutting one. So nice!

Cubase is ahead of the game.

Have not got into the new midi editor much. Thats going to be nice i'm sure.

fusilierb
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Cubase 6

Post by fusilierb » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:51 am

Watching this closely. Mine should come in very soon.

Tim_Behrens
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Tim_Behrens » Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:34 pm

Mine is supposed to be delivered tonight. I'm upgrading from 4, so am especially curious about the new VST expression maps. I also watched a demo on the amp modelling. Nothing cutting edge there, but seems like it will be nice to have. Will look forward to hearing other's experiences and sharing my own once I get it up and running.
--Tim Behrens
TimBehrens.com | SoundCloud
Facebook | YouTube | Google+ | @TimBehrens

Dwayne Russell
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Dwayne Russell » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:16 pm

Tim_Behrens wrote:Mine is supposed to be delivered tonight. I'm upgrading from 4, so am especially curious about the new VST expression maps. I also watched a demo on the amp modelling. Nothing cutting edge there, but seems like it will be nice to have. Will look forward to hearing other's experiences and sharing my own once I get it up and running.
Expression maps are great. Those that dont have it dont know what they are missing.

fusilierb
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by fusilierb » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:27 pm

Speaking of expression maps. I've already built almost all of the ones for the East/West orchestra. I've got them posted on my website for others who use Cubase and East/West so you don't have to build them from scratch. If you want them, go here:

http://bryanfusilier.com/2011/02/05/eas ... -cubase-5/

And yes, they are the coolest feature in Cubase to me!

Tim_Behrens
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Tim_Behrens » Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:45 pm

Hey Bryan,

Thanks for sharing those. I'm going to check them out as soon as I get Cubase installed. Very generous of you. I can imagine that took a fair amount of work to set up.
--Tim Behrens

fusilierb
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by fusilierb » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:14 pm

They did, which is why there is no reason for anyone else to have to. Right now they are just for the articulations of the master keyswitch patches. I'm going to add the dynamic ranges (mapped to related velocities) soon - When my new copy comes in.

Tim_Behrens
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by Tim_Behrens » Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:50 am

Just got mine last night... installed great, but now I being the epic struggle of getting all my plugins re-installed and set up again. I have the older (NI) version of East/West and I remember that being a pain to transfer last time I rebuilt my machine. That aside, the Cubase Interface looks great, video tutorials that came with it should be helpful, groove agent and loop mash seem like they could be more than just toys with the right samples.

For anyone who is thinking about getting this, and ordering the boxed version so that you can get the printed manual, just a heads up that they don't send a printed manual any more... all you get is the disks and a three page 'getting started' manual. Save yourself the time and trouble of waiting for it to be delivered, and just do the downloaded version. Wish I had known that four weeks ago.

Looking forward to diving in and testing those expression maps. Thanks again for sharing those, Bryan.
--Tim Behrens

fusilierb
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by fusilierb » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:42 am

I just wanted to make sure of something. This upgrade does leave your cubase 5 installation in place right?? So you have 5 and 6 in case stuff isn't working right?

Dwayne Russell
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by Dwayne Russell » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:19 am

fusilierb wrote:I just wanted to make sure of something. This upgrade does leave your cubase 5 installation in place right?? So you have 5 and 6 in case stuff isn't working right?
Yes, but once you start using 6 you aint goin back to 5.