D080911VO - VOCALIST NEEDED {deadline 9/11 @ 4pm P

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bobmaloney

D080911VO - VOCALIST NEEDED {deadline 9/11 @ 4pm P

Post by bobmaloney » Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:12 am

Is this for an announcer gig ? (voice over work for commercials), or do they want to hear me sing ??Any feedback is welcome. Thanks. Bob***************TAXI Dispatch***************VOCALIST NEEDED (male or female) by an Independent Publisher/Production Company who has secured a Major Broadcast media client and is now needing to quickly add to their team of voice over talent and session vocalists for a preliminary radio "blitz", along with ongoing talent for future sessions. They are looking for someone who has a home studio setup and can record a clean, professional sounding audio file on quick demand. Please submit 2-3 samples of your work. It's recommended that you submit a variety of vocal approaches, to show the scope of your abilities. Rate of pay will be according to standard scale. Please submit 2-3 segments (not longer than 3 min.), include a bio that indicates the type of home studio gear you work with and any previous Ad/Film/TV/Vox session work you have done. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI - and must be received by 4pm PST on Thursday, September 11, 2008. TAXI #D080911VO

hazineju
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: D080911VO - VOCALIST NEEDED {deadline 9/11 @ 4

Post by hazineju » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:05 pm

Sept 10, 2008, 8:12am, bobmaloney wrote:...voice over talent and session vocalists.... It's recommended that you submit a variety of vocal approaches, to show the scope of your abilities. Hi Bob, it isn't very specific is it? based on the spots i highlighted in your above quote my guess is both singing and speaking.to me voice over = spoken, and session vocalist = singingof course, the first words of the listing says VOCALIST which definitely means singing to me.i would email taxi to be sure, but i would submit samples of both