Danny Boy - Solo Piano

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

bombaycharlie1
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Danny Boy - Solo Piano

Post by bombaycharlie1 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:44 am

Hey All...thought I'd throw in my version of Danny Boy into the soup...http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... ream=1Good luck to all of us huh?

squidlips
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by squidlips » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:46 am

Hey Charlie,I have got the worst crush on your chording. Honestly. Gives me shivers. Well DONE.

bombaycharlie1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bombaycharlie1 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:48 am

Quote:Hey Charlie,I have got the worst crush on your chording. Honestly. Gives me shivers. Well DONE. Aww shucks....thanks for the compliment>Charlie

mazz
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by mazz » Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:05 am

Charlie,Great substitute chords! Nice mellow time feel and touch. Do I hear some Bill Evans influence in there?I almost went a similar direction but decided to play it more straight. Good luck!Mazz
Evocative Music For Media

imagine if John Williams and Trent Reznor met at Bernard Hermann's for lunch and Brian Eno was the head chef!
http://www.johnmazzei.com
http://www.taxi.com/johnmazzei

it's not the gear, it's the ear!

stkeb
Active
Active

Post by stkeb » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:31 am

Mazz, this is beautiful. I used to sing a song in church written to the melody of Danny Boy -- called He Looked Beyond My Fault And Saw My Need. I sang along the entire time to your piano solo -- loved it!Tricia

bombaycharlie1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bombaycharlie1 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:38 am

Hey Mazz...you better believe there's Bill Evans in my playing. I used to be able to play just like him until I shook it off...It still creeps in to my playing, but I guess that's not a bad thing right? Good luck to you too.CharlieP.S. kelysian...love the fife. Kevin...I think the violin is great...I wish I had that luxury.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:26 pm

Quote:Hey All...thought I'd throw in my version of Danny Boy into the soup...http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... ream=1Good luck to all of us huh?Charlie - beautifully done! I enjoy your work so much. I'd love to jam with you sometime!!! Such an interesting variety of tracks, how will they ever choose??I guess (unless songwriter has submitted his version, which I hope he has) I'm the only one who did something vocal. I have no objectivity, but hopefully it is somewhat acceptable:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... tream=true
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

bombaycharlie1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by bombaycharlie1 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 1:01 pm

Wow Hummingbird. that is really nice...I like the static background vox...it creates (for me) a nice bed to put the lead vocal on. The key of B? Yikes! I;m glad I don't have to accompany you in B...not my strongest key! I'm musch more confortable a 1/2 step in either direction!I have no idea how they're going to choose either because all of the tracks posted here are so different and done well...we'll wait and see then,Charlie

liamkelly
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by liamkelly » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:11 pm

Quote:I have no idea how they're going to choose either because all of the tracks posted here are so different and done well...CharlieWell said Charlie! I would not like to be the screener for this listing!

trentoliphant
Impressive
Impressive

Post by trentoliphant » Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:31 am

Nice job everyone.It's a good thing the screener doesn't have to pick a certain number, but only forward the ones that meet the criteria. I guess it depends on if the client is looking for a single version to have in the library or multiple versions.Does anyone have any idea when they ask for specific songs like this - are they looking for a single version or multiple ones?