Dare I ask for a reason?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

dcandco
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Re: Dare I ask for a reason?

Post by dcandco » Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:10 pm

Great piece, but you have to smile when you play ragtime. Hope it keeps going!Dave
www.dcandco.net ....It's live Music For Live People!!!!

dovetail
Active
Active

Post by dovetail » Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:26 pm

I agree that the screener on this listing is off base. My partner and I also had three tunes rejected that were extremely well suited, played in real time on an acoustic piano. These same tunes were submitted several times in the past few years and were always forwarded for this type of listing. I'm surprised and a bit disappointed.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Sun Dec 23, 2007 10:35 pm

So you're thinking that because you've had your pieces forwarded to other listings, they ought to be forwarded again, to this new listing? Do you think the screeners know this, that you've been forwarded before? I wonder if anyone else here thinks you should automatically rate a forward, just because the tunes you've submitted before, were chosen...Perhaps the people that listened to your previous tunes, are looking for slightly something different this time. Quote:I agree that the screener on this listing is off base. My partner and I also had three tunes rejected that were extremely well suited, played in real time on an acoustic piano. These same tunes were submitted several times in the past few years and were always forwarded for this type of listing. I'm surprised and a bit disappointed.

twilsbach
Impressive
Impressive

Post by twilsbach » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:21 am

I would imagine that adding even a smaller layer of feedback to the Dispatch listings would open a whole other can of worms when it comes to disagreeing with returns.The satisfaction of a simple reason for a songs' return would be fleeting, and the boards would light up instead with disagreements or calls for greater clarity.I think the Y/N listings help develop my ability to read a listing and more objectively critique my own stuff.

twilsbach
Impressive
Impressive

Post by twilsbach » Mon Dec 24, 2007 6:21 am

and hey, check me out. Full Member now, Woo-hoo!

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Mon Dec 24, 2007 7:33 am

It goes very well with your funky bad-ass playboy image. Quote:and hey, check me out. Full Member now, Woo-hoo!

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ncc1701 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:18 am

Quote:Hey Kathleen-Sebastian head screener at TAXI here. I listened to your track and agree with you. I will have this re screened by a woman who works at the company who is running this listing. It will take a few days because of the holidays. Cheers.Wow, thanks, Sebastian. I've been away from the boards for several days (family visiting, it's exhausting) and hadn't seen your post. I want to make sure you know I'm not whining ... just curious.Kathleen

tacksea007
Active
Active

Post by tacksea007 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:00 am

My pleasure.

dcandco
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by dcandco » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:43 am

I imagine the bar for getting a forward has a sliding rule, not only does it have to reach the predetermined standards, It has to compete with best songs submitted, So if someone submitted something very exceptional, something good enough might not be anymore.Just a thought.Dave
www.dcandco.net ....It's live Music For Live People!!!!

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:50 am

There is no "sliding rule," as far as I know, from the conversations I've been privy too. All songs/recordings that meet the criteria of the listing or screeners' interpretation of what the client's looking for, are FORWARDED. If 1000 songs are submitted, and Taxi thinks 100 are what the client's looking for, they are all forwarded. I've never heard of an instance where they only pick the top 2 or 5. Everything over the bar, gets forwarded. Some listings obviously have much higher-bar listings than others. I would also imagine, it happens every once in a while, that a particular Taxi listing, doesn't generate any forwards at all. But yes, that's conjecture, on my part. Many other submitting services do what you're describing, but Taxi says they don't. I'm gonna believe 'em. Quote:I imagine the bar for getting a forward has a sliding rule, not only does it have to reach the predetermined standards, It has to compete with best songs submitted, So if someone submitted something very exceptional, something good enough might not be anymore.Just a thought.Dave