Dare I ask for a reason?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Dare I ask for a reason?

Post by tedsingingfox » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:47 pm

Yeah, so, Kathleen...Have you heard anything back yet? None of my business, I realize (and it doesn't help that everything shuts down this time o' year); but I'm so eager to hear what happens with the "RE-screening".My fingers are crossed for you...Ted
The truest of tears
Seem to me to be the ones
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ncc1701 » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:57 pm

Quote:Yeah, so, Kathleen...Have you heard anything back yet? None of my business, I realize (and it doesn't help that everything shuts down this time o' year); but I'm so eager to hear what happens with the "RE-screening".My fingers are crossed for you...TedNothing yet, Ted, and honestly, I never expected a "re-screening." That's awfully nice of Sebastian to do. I will let you guys know what comes of it.Kathleen

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:55 am

Quote:There is no "sliding rule," as far as I know, from the conversations I've been privy too. All songs/recordings that meet the criteria of the listing or screeners' interpretation of what the client's looking for, are FORWARDED. If 1000 songs are submitted, and Taxi thinks 100 are what the client's looking for, they are all forwarded. I've never heard of an instance where they only pick the top 2 or 5. Everything over the bar, gets forwarded. Some listings obviously have much higher-bar listings than others. I would also imagine, it happens every once in a while, that a particular Taxi listing, doesn't generate any forwards at all. But yes, that's conjecture, on my part. Many other submitting services do what you're describing, but Taxi says they don't. I'm gonna believe 'em. Quote:I imagine the bar for getting a forward has a sliding rule, not only does it have to reach the predetermined standards, It has to compete with best songs submitted, So if someone submitted something very exceptional, something good enough might not be anymore.Just a thought.DaveDitto on that. I think you're right, Steve.

montster
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by montster » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:55 am

Hey Kathleen!The fact you got a shout from Taxisebastian is GREAT! these guys really do give a @#**!As you mentioned possible redo tracking with this one, couple suggestions:1: performance Find the dynamics in the transitions and really make the busier stuff swell and peak to your resolution, even ebbing the flow of your tempo a bit slower at the resolutions to compliment. You sound like a fairly trained pianist, and talented (unless of course they were midi tracks, and please I mean no offense here, either way you really know this style, however I really doubt this stuff was midi)so just practice dynamics, it should be helpful. 2. the recording production Track it on an upright. What I heard sounded too "clean" (maybe the grand piano used?). I imagine maybe they were really interested in not only great performances but an authentic sound of those old rag recordings. (some of those original recordings that give that the nostalgic quality to the "americana" rags we've grown up with from silent movies to cartoons may have even been recorded from old piano rolls on old out of tune pianos )Some lo fi dynamic mic may not hurt either... experiment and think "out of the box" with this, you might be amazed at what turns out! Trying to help....good luckMonty

geo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by geo » Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:44 am

I concur, Sebastian does rock... Geo

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:10 pm

Quote:I would imagine that adding even a smaller layer of feedback to the Dispatch listings would open a whole other can of worms when it comes to disagreeing with returns.The satisfaction of a simple reason for a songs' return would be fleeting, and the boards would light up instead with disagreements or calls for greater clarity.I think the Y/N listings help develop my ability to read a listing and more objectively critique my own stuff.Tim,First off, congrats on the "Full Member" status. wooHOO!And Secondly, I agree with you 100%. That's part of the deal with those listings. Dispatch listings, as well. If you missed the mark on those listings, it's up to US to try and work out WHY.Ted
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

tedsingingfox
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by tedsingingfox » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:12 pm

So, Kathleen, what's the word? Any good news to share with us? EAGER to hear what Sebastian was (or wasn't) able to find out for you.Ted
The truest of tears
Shed in gratitude
-Haiku by TF, 1982

jude3
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jude3 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:06 pm

While you are waiting on the taxi dude, listen to this. I call it On The Rag:http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... tream=true

jude3
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jude3 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:28 pm

Quote:Hey Kathleen-Sebastian head screener at TAXI here. I listened to your track and agree with you. I will have this re screened by a woman who works at the company who is running this listing. It will take a few days because of the holidays. Cheers.I wonder how many people are thinking if you could do that for them too.I have seen many returns posted on these boards that everyone thought it hit the mark.Do you go through the board and look for this Sebastian?

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:06 pm

Quote:Quote:Hey Kathleen-Sebastian head screener at TAXI here. I listened to your track and agree with you. I will have this re screened by a woman who works at the company who is running this listing. It will take a few days because of the holidays. Cheers.I wonder how many people are thinking if you could do that for them too.I have seen many returns posted on these boards that everyone thought it hit the mark.Do you go through the board and look for this Sebastian?Jude3, it's obvious from your many posts that you don't like Taxi's screening methods or how it conducts business, so I have to ask, why are you a member?
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website