Dare I ask for a reason?

Liked your review? Rave about it! Hated it, let us know!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jude3
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Dare I ask for a reason?

Post by jude3 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:51 am

Quote: Jude3, it's obvious from your many posts that you don't like Taxi's screening methods or how it conducts business, so I have to ask, why are you a member? Should I quit because they don't take my suggestions?Should this person get re screened when so many others don't?Is that fair?How many times have you said you thought something hit the mark yet no one came here to have it re screened?I personally have no complaints about my returns. I am speaking for others that I have seen here.It is getting to the point where I don't want to post my opinions about Taxi because so many people beat me up for it. I criticize those whom I like because I want them to excel. I like Taxi. My criticism comes from like not dislike.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:28 am

"I have seen many returns posted on these boards that everyone thought it hit the mark."This is patently untrue. In my 4.5 years of membership, I have seen perhaps 5 or 6 posts -- out of thousands and thousands of submissions -- where clearly a mistake had been made in screening. In those cases, Taxi re-screened and forwarded. In all other cases, the *poster* throught it hit the mark, but more experienced members did not."How many times have you said you thought something hit the mark yet no one came here to have it re screened?"How many times have I said I thought something hit the mark after it was returned? Maybe 2 or 3 times in 4.5 years. Any Taxi member is free to call customer service if they disagree with the results of their submission. However, I wouldn't do this unless I was absolutely certain. (I've probably had more returns than most people on this board. The number of times I've called to complain? Nil.)"I personally have no complaints about my returns. I am speaking for others that I have seen here."I appreciate that. However, you have to understand that Taxi's major focus IS screening. How they screen, who screens, the rules around screening, are extremely complex. Every screener goes through training & every screener is scrutinized. Yes, now and then, screeners will disagree with each other because they are human beings and it's just one person's opinion - albeit an educated one. Yes, now and then, a screener might make a mistake. And Taxi will recify that mistake. But not every return is a mistake. It's a tiny percentage of overall submissions. Returns come from mistargeting submissions, from lack of production quality, from lack of composition quality, from lack of 'sound' quality (virtual instruments/plug-ins), from 'time' quality (not sounding of the era involved), from lack of great lyric writing. It's complex. "It is getting to the point where I don't want to post my opinions about Taxi because so many people beat me up for it."I didn't beat you up, I asked a simple question. In your posts you are telling other members that Taxi is wrong in returning their material. I feel that's misinformation that leads to frustration. The key to success is to listen and learn. To be willing to grow beyond your programming. Taxi is high bar. There are people here who have much success with it, and every single of them would say... they started out thinking Taxi was wrong and they were right... but it was only when they started to think perhaps there was a point to getting a return, a point that they hadn't been willing to hear... when they started to listen, and adjust their attitude... that's when they started to be successful with Taxi.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

aubreyz
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by aubreyz » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:37 am

Quote:I personally have no complaints about my returns. I am speaking for others that I have seen here. Let the others speak for themselves.'nuff said.

sgs4u
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by sgs4u » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:59 am

Quote:Should I quit because they don't take my suggestions?Jude3, this forum is not actually Taxi - the company, and it's not Taxi's customer service. It's a group of people who choose to communicate in the spirit of improving their skills, by cooperating to learn. If you find it impossible to fit in, because you're hoping that people take your suggestions, you might be wasting your time. No one else's participation with Taxi or this forum, came about because of what you think. I don't think you should quit, but you have some needless ego crap coloring your ability to make a difference, which does seem to be why your here. But you sure do write some dumb-ass things. Quote:Should this person get re screened when so many others don't?If anyone else wants a re-screening, and/or a reasonable explanation why they didn't get a forward, Sebastian and Taxi are always very accommodating. Quote:Is that fair?From the spirit of all your posts, I would expect you might have a different definition of fair , than many people. Quote:How many times have you said you thought something hit the mark yet no one came here to have it re screened?People don't come here to have it re-screened. They need to call Taxi. And if you are the one that calls Taxi, you'll have to use your real name, hehe. Quote:I personally have no complaints about my returns. I am speaking for others that I have seen here.Then why complain about the other stuff? Let the others speak for themselves. You certainly haven't earned the title of Champion of the Underdog, yet.Quote:It is getting to the point where I don't want to post my opinions about Taxi because so many people beat me up for it. I can't speak for anyone else. But you're correct that I don't want to hear your opinions about Taxi. Your opinions about Taxi, in general, I find to be counter-productive and rarely have a point. If you wrote something we could all learn from once in a while, I'd personally be a lot more willing to accept your efforts at participation, here. Quote:I criticize those whom I like because I want them to excel. I like Taxi. My criticism comes from like not dislike. If this is actually true Jude3, then you could encourage people to look forward to your opinions, about their songs, instead of making comments about Taxi. You say you criticize those you like, because you want them to excel, but...Well, I see that as a bullshit statement, and thrown out to feign some lame caring attitude. I don't think you're showing that you care much about anything, except trying to make yourself look good. Prove me wrong. I do think you're eventually gonna come around, to participating without needing to slam Taxi, screeners, other members or anything else. Just drop the know-it-all charade. No one's learning much from you, YET. Maybe we will. That's up to you. With your considerable credentials, you ought to have lots of expertise to dole out, but so far, squat. And you have to realize, that you are damaging your own credibility, every time you waste anyone's time with needless rants or Taxi-bashing comments. You behave here like the little kid who chooses to break his own Christmas toy, because he doesn't want anyone else to touch it. Just get with the program, and re-invent yourself as the kid everyone wants to play with, instead of the kid that everyone avoids.On a side note, I am not at all scared to admit, that members like you, get under my skin, in a very weird way. I feel compelled to bring you into the fold, as someone that can be a positive influence. I noticed that both Vikki and Aub have already responded to your post. I take the time to respond to your posts, and so do they. Ask yourself, what we have to gain, by responding to you? Why would we do this? We don't make any extra money or points with screeners.Tell us something about yourself Jude3, that shows us why we should care what you have to say. Something real, not about pounding your chest.Why are you actually here? What do you need to learn?

ncc1701
Impressive
Impressive

Post by ncc1701 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:04 am

Just to clarify:I submitted a song to a yes/no listing that I was pretty proud of and had gotten compliments from other forum members who - we all will agree - REALLY know their business. My song got returned.I never asked for it to be re-screened. I didn't ask TAXI to go beyond their yes/no policy. I came here to the boards to ask other forum members if they thought it was appropriate for me to ask for a simple explanation.The majority politely said no, that's what happens with yes/no listings. They also gave helpful suggestions that I will use to improve the song's chances the next time I submit it.I was perfectly satisfied at this point. Then TAXISebastian offered to have the track listened to by someone who worked at the company running the listing. That was completely his initiative. So, should my song get re-screened when so many others don't? Absolutely not. I concur.But it is getting a second chance, thanks to someone taking notice of these boards and giving a damn. I appreciate everyone who's chimed in. Kathleen

Casey H
King of the World
King of the World

Post by Casey H » Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:08 am

Quote:Quote: Jude3, it's obvious from your many posts that you don't like Taxi's screening methods or how it conducts business, so I have to ask, why are you a member? Should I quit because they don't take my suggestions?Should this person get re screened when so many others don't?Is that fair?How many times have you said you thought something hit the mark yet no one came here to have it re screened?I personally have no complaints about my returns. I am speaking for others that I have seen here.It is getting to the point where I don't want to post my opinions about Taxi because so many people beat me up for it. I criticize those whom I like because I want them to excel. I like Taxi. My criticism comes from like not dislike. JudeYou said a few days ago in another post that you would take up your concerns privately with TAXI. May I suggest you do just that? You obviously haven't followed through on what you said.IF you like them as you say and you only want to provide suggestions for improvement, realize the following: Every negative thing you say here (and you do display attitude with your comments) turns up in Google searches. So when prospective new members Google the company to learn about them, they see all your negativity. Thus, you hurt the company that you say you like so much. Is that your goal? To hurt them? Why not stick to the music and contact them privately about your concerns and suggestions for improvement?Casey

jude3
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jude3 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:26 pm

I'm really not into a line by line debate about me. You all got your shots at me. Ok. Lets move on.Take another about this post if it makes you feel better. I'm moving on now. See you in another threadPersonally I think it should be re screened. It should have been forwarded the first time. It is a great song. I think it hits the mark real well.

steini
Impressive
Impressive

Post by steini » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:33 am

The rag is very well written I think, but I felt it too mechanical and the piano sound too clean. However I wish I could write like that I love rag-time music although it's often not the most original in the world.