DARK and DRONE-Y INSTRUMENTAL CUES (TAXI #Y190927DD)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

tonys

DARK and DRONE-Y INSTRUMENTAL CUES (TAXI #Y190927DD)

Post by tonys » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:33 pm

Hi folks, I haven't tried this sort of thing before but I just sort of felt like trying it. I'm not sure if I've done enough here to get the forward, what do you folks think? Here's my draft:

https://s.disco.ac/vhdtlmwhuwbm

And here's the listing:

DARK and DRONE-Y INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very successful Music Library for placements in a specific TV Series.

They’re searching for Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

“Decrepit City” by Atrium Carceri

“Ecstatic Paradigm” by Enmarta

Please submit subtly textured Instrumental Cues with very little to no melodic movement. Your Cues should have a consistent droning quality that delivers a moody and ominous feel from start to finish. Instrumental Cues that use atmospheric synths, pulsing bass notes, softened drumbeats, and lush pads could all work for this request. Please be sure to stick to a singular vibe and sound throughout each of your Cues to keep your submissions emotionally cohesive from beginning to end.

NOTE: Your submissions can include some minimal sound design elements, but don’t go crazy! Be sure to keep your Cues fairly simple, which is ultimately what works best for this type of request. Less is more, and they'll be looking for emotion and vibe more than compositional brilliance.

Your submissions should be at least 90 seconds long. Non-faded endings with a natural decay/ring out will work best. Please do NOT copy the referenced examples in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, texture, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal. You’ll split any upfront sync fees 50/50. They’ll get 100% of the Publisher’s share, and you’ll get 100% of the Writer’s share. You must own or control 100% of your Master and Copyright. Since this is an EXCLUSIVE deal, please be sure the material you submit for this pitch is NOT signed with any other Libraries or Catalogs. Please submit as many Instrumental Cues as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Friday, September 27th, 2019. TAXI #Y190927DD

cassmcentee
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: DARK and DRONE-Y INSTRUMENTAL CUES (TAXI #Y190927DD)

Post by cassmcentee » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:23 am

Sounds great to me!
Robert "Cass" McEntee
"Making music on a spinning ball of Magma"
https://soundcloud.com/robert-cass-mcentee
https://www.taxi.com/members/DosPalmasRecordings

tonys

Post by tonys » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:27 pm

Thanks, well I guess I'll send it off and see what the reviewers say. I'll check back when I have news and let you know. Have a great day.

jessecarrigan
Impressive
Impressive

Post by jessecarrigan » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:16 am

I agree, I think it nails the feel. I can hear it "belonging on a playlist" with the reference tracks. It's a tiny bit short - 1:47 instead of 2:00+ - but I think that is less of a concern.