Dark and Eerie Drone Instrumental Cue

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

johndalenow
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Dark and Eerie Drone Instrumental Cue

Post by johndalenow » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:32 pm

Please give a listen and critique. Thanks in advance! Both link and listing description below.

Best!

John Dale

https://soundcloud.com/john-dale-music/y181227dr

DARK and EERIE DRONE INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very active British Music Library that’s looking to TAXI to find a lot of music to meet their increased client demand. Please submit “drone-y” Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

Vice - The Opioid Effect (From 0:00 – 0:55)

True Detective S1 OST - The Tiara

“Under the Midnight Sun” by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

Please submit dark, eerie Instrumental Cues that could support creepy or ominous scenes. Your submissions should have a consistent droning quality, and very little to no melodic movement. Be sure to stick to a singular vibe and sound throughout the entirety of the Cue to keep your piece emotionally cohesive from beginning to end. VERY sparse percussion can also be added; but remember, less is more. Simplicity and mood are the keys to this pitch.

NOTE: Please remember, they don’t need horror-based pieces, so much as something that delivers an unsettling, dark and moody feeling.

Your submissions should be about 90 seconds in length, give or take. Non-faded endings with a natural decay/ring out will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced material in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the songs you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you'd like online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Thursday, December 27th, 2018. TAXI #Y181227DR

jaywilliams
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Dark and Eerie Drone Instrumental Cue

Post by jaywilliams » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:10 pm

Glad to see a couple other entries for this one.

I put this track together, but as it's my first attempt at a DRONE CUE I can't tell if I'm even in the ballpark or if I'm completely off the mark.

I'm thinking to put a couple more cues together before deadline, but if someone (anyone) would be kind enough to listen to my first attempt and weigh in that would be lovely.

https://soundcloud.com/jay-williams-productions/drone67

Thanks in advance!

Jay
// keep it groovy and make great music :) - Jay

J.W. Hagarty, Producer
Jay Williams Productions
Spotify: bit.ly/spotifyjay
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions

jaywilliams
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Dark and Eerie Drone Instrumental Cue

Post by jaywilliams » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:43 am

Thanks Tom for keeping us posted on these listings, I really appreciate any extra knowledge I can gain in regards to what leads to a Forward vs Return.

Having heard a few different drone tracks that were forwarded I'm not hearing any significant difference between the forwarded tracks and my returned track, so I'm beginning to wonder how much of a measuring stick really exists for these cues, and how much of it is screener's choice.

I like writing them so I'll keep spitting them out until I have a good size pack then shop them around, someone will take them!

Best of luck and keep at it.

Jay :)
// keep it groovy and make great music :) - Jay

J.W. Hagarty, Producer
Jay Williams Productions
Spotify: bit.ly/spotifyjay
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions