DARK and EERIE DRONE?

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

pauly

DARK and EERIE DRONE?

Post by pauly » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:16 am

Hello all. First post on the forums!!

I am working on the dark drone listing. Any advice on these two? Too much melody? Rhythm? Structure?

Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

https://soundcloud.com/pauly-24/false-investigator

https://soundcloud.com/pauly-24/realize-the-demise

LISTING

DARK and EERIE DRONE INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a very active British Music Library that’s looking to TAXI to find a lot of music to meet their increased client demand. Please submit “drone-y” Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references:

Vice - The Opioid Effect (From 0:00 – 0:55)

True Detective S1 OST - The Tiara

“Under the Midnight Sun” by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross

Please submit dark, eerie Instrumental Cues that could support creepy or ominous scenes. Your submissions should have a consistent droning quality, and very little to no melodic movement. Be sure to stick to a singular vibe and sound throughout the entirety of the Cue to keep your piece emotionally cohesive from beginning to end. VERY sparse percussion can also be added; but remember, less is more. Simplicity and mood are the keys to this pitch.

NOTE: Please remember, they don’t need horror-based pieces, so much as something that delivers an unsettling, dark and moody feeling.

Your submissions should be about 90 seconds in length, give or take. Non-faded endings with a natural decay/ring out will work best. Do NOT copy the referenced material in any way, shape, or form. Use it only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This company offers an EXCLUSIVE deal, so please be sure the songs you pitch for this opportunity are NOT already signed with any other Companies or Catalogs. Any sync fees will be split 50/50 with the Company. You'll get 100% of the Writer's share, and the Publisher will get 100% of the Publisher's share. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to submit. Please submit as many Instrumentals as you'd like online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a Yes/No basis - No full critiques. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59PM (PST), on Thursday, December 27th, 2018. TAXI #Y181227DR

pauly

Re: DARK and EERIE DRONE?

Post by pauly » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:00 pm

Thanks! With drones, I feel 90 seconds have came and passed before I even get started. Ha I shall do some editing.

SKM
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by SKM » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:44 pm

Hey Great job!

So the first one I think is pretty much right on with no melodic lines and an eery drone sound. Love it.

The second one is cool too, I agree that it has too much melody to it, but I think you just need to get ride of a few notes here and there. Maybe don't complete the melodic phrases. So just give the first two notes. . . Then nothing else. . .Then again. . In each melodic phrase I heare 3 or four notes and the last note kind of completes each one. . Just get rid of that and you will leave me hanging wanting that last note. . .But if I never get it, it's not really a complete melodic line right?

And maybe in that second song. . Don't start that piano until 10 sec in? and just one or two notes that leave the listener wanting more, but they never get it because the listing said so haha

Okay, anyway cool stuff!
SKM_Music
Sara K. Marsalis

Singer/Songwriter; Musician; Music "Passionier" ;) Studying recording engineering and production

www.soundcloud.com/SKM-Music
www.instagram.com/SKM_Music

pauly

Post by pauly » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:05 am

Thanks SKM. I will definitely look at the second one and try to take some things out of it.

geofferic
Active
Active

Post by geofferic » Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:47 am

Hi Pauly,
Great stuff.
I can't really add anything that the others haven't said already.
The first one hits it for me.
The second one has too much melody but if you just removed the piano it may be closer.

Well done.
Phil.

pauly

Post by pauly » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:44 pm

Thanks Phil!