Feedback on Taxi's current listings.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Cruciform
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Dark/Brooding and confused

Post by Cruciform » Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:36 pm

Dark and brooding over returns... :evil:

Well, not really, just confused.... I was pretty much expecting returns for off-target but both songs were returned because the screener said they liked this and that about both tracks but that they didn't build up to a climax. But listening to the tracks that got forwarded (and congrats, no sour grapes here) I don't hear climaxes in any of them. Most of them maintain the same vibe and just end.

So my songs were "hard as nails" and "veritas deus" http://www.taxi.com/cruciform

Not bothered or annoyed or anything. Just confused :-/ What am I meant to learn from that feedback when it could easily apply to tracks that got forwarded? I honestly would have preferred to hear "off-target" because I would have agreed and moved on. But this, I'm left thinking "Well I could have gotten through with a different screener." Oh well, back to the drawing board.

Ps. Nick, the screener's comment to you was, well, wrong IMO.
Last edited by Cruciform on Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jnmorrison
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jnmorrison » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:42 pm

Thanks for the comments and support guys!
I SHOULD have mentioned that it's actually a really lucky thing...because of the dispatch and now the re-list...
I get a second shot!!! (Doesn't happen very often!)
SO, I'm gonna re-track these two, and I've since written 3 other dark/brooding heavy rock anthems...so I'm gonna record and send them along too!

Thanks for the encouragement!

Cheers,
Nick

peeyo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by peeyo » Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:50 pm

Yeah, I got the no go on my "dark, brooding" track as well. Listening to what others have submitted for this listing, mine might not be heavy enough! The rest of you guys definitely seem to know what you're doing a lot more than I do. But yes Jim, I'll take the second chance any day, especially for this listing!!! My return said it was due to the recording? Can't say on that one.........myself, I don't hear any glitches in the recording, but my ears might be a little wickety wack! If you all do please let me know, definitely gonna have to utilize a $10 critique for this one. My song is on my Taxi page, it's called "Paranormal Paranoia." Still was very fun to write and record, and I get to try it again! Good luck to everybody.