Daytime TV Show?

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

earblast

Daytime TV Show?

Post by earblast » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:13 pm

Hello All,Submitting for this listing:SERIOUS COMPOSERS NEEDED IMMEDIATELY by a Music Producer who provides a large portion of the music for a major Daytime TV show. He has several TAXI composers under his roof already and has had hundreds of placements on this show in the last year. His intention is to contract 5 new “standby” composers who will replace those who are not available and/or take up slack when the “hurry up” projects come around. The ideal composer will be able to write full orchestration and dramatic background music, as well as having knowledge of various styles including Hip Hop/Americana/Rock/Blues/Funk. While he would like to find composers who have experience in a variety of styles, please only submit FULL ORCHESTRATION and DRAMATIC BACKGROUND INSTRUMENTALS for this particular listing.Question: What series would you guess it is for? The reason I ask is that there is a huge difference in what one would submit for Oprah Vs. a Soap vs. Talk Show? Any guesses out there?Thanks

earblast

Re: Daytime TV Show?

Post by earblast » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:58 pm

Also, if someone would be so kind as to post info on how to link to a song on my Taxi Homepage - I would love to share my thoughts on this listing

earblast

Post by earblast » Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:54 am

Ok - figured it out - thanks to some very helpful board members (thanks) - I'll try and post a link to what I submitted. http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... am=trueAny thoughts welcomed.

rld
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by rld » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:05 am

Sept 1, 2008, 8:13pm, earblast wrote:Hello All,Submitting for this listing:SERIOUS COMPOSERS NEEDED IMMEDIATELY by a Music Producer who provides a large portion of the music for a major Daytime TV show. He has several TAXI composers under his roof already and has had hundreds of placements on this show in the last year. His intention is to contract 5 new “standby” composers who will replace those who are not available and/or take up slack when the “hurry up” projects come around. The ideal composer will be able to write full orchestration and dramatic background music, as well as having knowledge of various styles including Hip Hop/Americana/Rock/Blues/Funk. While he would like to find composers who have experience in a variety of styles, please only submit FULL ORCHESTRATION and DRAMATIC BACKGROUND INSTRUMENTALS for this particular listing.Question: What series would you guess it is for? The reason I ask is that there is a huge difference in what one would submit for Oprah Vs. a Soap vs. Talk Show? Any guesses out there?ThanksEarblast,Where did you find this listing?Its not from Dispatch as far as I can tell, and I didn't see it anywhere else, though I may have missed it.

earblast

Post by earblast » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:07 am

RLDIt was up last night on Dispatch. Had a 10AM PST deadline today - might have been cleared out now?

rld
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by rld » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:09 am

Sept 2, 2008, 12:07pm, earblast wrote:RLDIt was up last night on Dispatch. Had a 10AM PST deadline today - might have been cleared out now?Huh?...Well, if that's true, I'm not getting my Dispatch listings.I'd better check with the office.

hummingbird
Total Pro
Total Pro

Post by hummingbird » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:11 am

Sept 2, 2008, 12:05pm, rld wrote:Sept 1, 2008, 8:13pm, earblast wrote:Hello All,Submitting for this listing:SERIOUS COMPOSERS NEEDED IMMEDIATELY by a Music Producer who provides a large portion of the music for a major Daytime TV show. He has several TAXI composers under his roof already and has had hundreds of placements on this show in the last year. His intention is to contract 5 new “standby” composers who will replace those who are not available and/or take up slack when the “hurry up” projects come around. The ideal composer will be able to write full orchestration and dramatic background music, as well as having knowledge of various styles including Hip Hop/Americana/Rock/Blues/Funk. While he would like to find composers who have experience in a variety of styles, please only submit FULL ORCHESTRATION and DRAMATIC BACKGROUND INSTRUMENTALS for this particular listing.Question: What series would you guess it is for? The reason I ask is that there is a huge difference in what one would submit for Oprah Vs. a Soap vs. Talk Show? Any guesses out there?ThanksEarblast,Where did you find this listing?Its not from Dispatch as far as I can tell, and I didn't see it anywhere else, though I may have missed it.yep, it was Dispatch & deadline was 10 am PST today.
"As we are creative beings, our lives become our works of art." (Julia Cameron)

Shy Singer-Songwriter Blog

Vikki Flawith Music Website

rld
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by rld » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:41 am

Well...that was interesting.Apparently I did not receive that listing.But in TAXI's never ending effort to please their customers, they graciously offered to re-open the listing for me and I submitted!Thanks a bunch everyone! Sorry for hijacking your thread Earblast.I'll check out your tunes when I have a bit of time.

earblast

Post by earblast » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:49 am

That worked out great - congrats - and if you get the gig - you owe me big time - I mean I'm talking beer AND Ribs!!

rld
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by rld » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:18 pm

Well, I'm partial to slow roast pork shoulder...but ribs will do in a pinch.You're on!