Dead Letter

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

billg
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Dead Letter

Post by billg » Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:59 am

Maybe I shouldn't post this here, it's not really for review but just to share. I was given a USB turntable for my B-Day & going through my stuff I found this. It was written & recorded by me & a couple of bandmates in the late 70's as a tribute to our 60's roots. I hadn't heard it in many, many, years. Some scrathes & pops but not too bad after I "digitally remastered" it. I was shocked at how much it reminded me of the "Friends" theme when it kicks in. It's good for a laugh I think -http://www.billgaunce.com/song/55

squids
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Re: Dead Letter

Post by squids » Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:35 am

Well, that's fun! Very retro! And you're right, it's got that "Friends" sound goin on.

jchitty
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by jchitty » Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:42 pm

Bill, I think the producers of the show, "Friends" (and the musicians who sang the song) owe you some money. Fun tune.

deantaylor
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by deantaylor » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:57 pm

Bill,I liked your new prison song so much, I had to try this. Yeah, let The Rembrandts hear it. lol (I think they did the Friends theme.) I also hear some of The Monkees in here. Fun listen.Dean

lopc
Impressive
Impressive

Post by lopc » Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:27 pm

"Waiting On A Train" definitely has the whole Tom Petty, Bob Dylan & The Wallflowers thing going on. It was relaxing after the day I had. Thanks, bro. Liked "Jurassic Park", also. I see Miller was still in the mix. Your Bio took me back to a place I loved more than I can say.