Deadline tonight!

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Deadline tonight!

Post by Merryband1 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:02 pm

I've been working on "Alegria" which got returned in 2016 for a bad mix. New vocals, some new violin and guitar. I'm a little concerned about the ending instruments not being quite together... This is a ROUGH mix in headphones, so I need to finish with the monitors, but I'd appreciate your opinions on whether it's better than the original. [NOTE: The link to the original should work now. :) ]
Original of "Alegria"
"Alegria Remix"
I'd love to be able to submit to this listing, but I'm not going to kill myself if you find too many things wrong with the remix. (I notice that the waveform is much more uniform in the remix, so that may need work.)
Thanks!
Merry

ORIGINAL REGIONAL MEXICAN SONGS with Male, Female, or Group Vocals are needed by a very successful Music Library that gets tons of placements in TV Shows, Films, and Movie Trailers.

This Library is interested in hearing Songs performed in Spanish in the following Mexican music styles: Cumbia Sonidera, Sierreño, Banda, Norteño, Mariachi, Ranchera, Corridos, and Grupera. Please listen to the following references to get a feel for the style and vibe they're looking for:

"Cumbia Parrandera" by Los Chicos Aventura

"Te Regalo" by Ulices Chaidez

"Que Casualidad" by Ramon Ayala

"Cuando Suena el Mariachi / MI Pais" by Mariachi Vargas de Tecalitlán

"El Nini" by JR Torres & Edición Especial

"Piensa En Mí" by Grupo Mojado

Please send well-produced Songs that capture the soul and essence of Regional Mexican music. Your submissions should have authentic-sounding melodies, rhythms, arrangements, and instrumentation in the general vein of the references above. Your production should be high-quality, and if you're using any virtual instruments to replace organic ones, they should sound like the real thing. Passionate, well-performed vocals could help you seal the deal with this Library!

Lyrics that avoid references to specific names, dates, times, places, brands, and profanity will be appreciated by the company, as they are easier to place. Do not copy the referenced acts or songs in any way, shape, or form. Use them only as a general guide for tempo, tone, and overall vibe. Broadcast Quality is needed.

This Company does both EXCLUSIVE and NON-EXCLUSIVE deals, and they will be offered on a case-by-case basis. You must own or control your Master and Copyright to pitch for this opportunity. Please submit as many Songs as you’d like, online or per CD. All submissions will be screened and critiqued by TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than 11:59 PM (PDT) on Tuesday, April 27th, 2021. TAXI # S210427MS
Last edited by Merryband1 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Deadline tonight! LINK FIXED!

Post by Merryband1 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:45 pm

I'm sorry! I always forget to fix the link in TAXI to members/name from artist/me! I'll fix it.
Merry

funsongs
Total Pro
Total Pro

Re: Deadline tonight!

Post by funsongs » Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:07 pm

This sounds like, reminds me of, some live mariachi band/singers I've heard, playing for Sunday brunch at a restaurants around Torrance, and the South Bay Area of Los Angeles.
I wouldn't be 'afraid' of using lots of reverb.
Nice job, Merry.
Peter Rahill - aka "funsongs"
NOW, back on YouTube (2022)
https://www.youtube.com/@peterrahill9263/featured
https://soundcloud.com/funsongs-1
https://peterrahill.bandcamp.com/

“The future aint what it use to be.” - Yogi Berra

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:05 pm

Thanks, Peter! :) I've been working on it to get the last bit with the trumpets and violins more together. And I did add some reverb. I thought I had before, but it was only in a few spots. Soooooo.... I'll post the updated version soon!

Merry

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Alegria Take 3

Post by Merryband1 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:54 pm

Here's the latest iteration, with reverb and the trumpets and violins resolved together.

Alegria Take 3

Merry

gitanosoy
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by gitanosoy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:25 pm

Hi Merry,

I just saw this so I don't know if you will have time.

I would tighten up both the trumpet and violin lines as they are a bit sluggish than crisp. In Ranchera music the trumpet riffs/lines are very important.

good luck

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:45 pm

Thanks, Andre! Yes, I still have time. I will try to tighten up the trumpets and violins a bit more, but I don't have time to rerecord anything at this point. Still, it' s way better than the first version. It's Mariachi rather than Ranchero or Norteño. I'd need an accordion for that.

Merry

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:08 pm

Hi, Merry!
I just saw your post. A very lively sounding ensemble you have there, for sure! Could easily work for source music.
One thing I noticed: I find the brass entrance at 1:20 to be problematic. I'm sure you're aware of it.

Merryband1
Impressive
Impressive

Post by Merryband1 » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:22 pm

Thanks, Alan. I'll look for that and work on it some more. I'm the entire ensemble :lol: so I appreciate your kind words. I think the listing probably is for source music, so... And if it doesn't get forwarded this time, I'm writing out the sheet music and trying to find a sheet music publisher looking for mariachi band arrangements! :)

Merry

AlanHall
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by AlanHall » Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:28 pm

Merryband1 wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:22 pm
I'm the entire ensemble :lol: so I appreciate your kind words.
I do know that you're a 'merry band' ;)