Decided to leave taxi(Three years of no success)

Did you get a deal through TAXI? Lets hear about it!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

christig
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Decided to leave taxi(Three years of no succes

Post by christig » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:41 pm

Ger-el, I read your post. It sounds like you are leaving but maybe you want to be talked into staying. No one here will do that. You should leave if that is your true conviction.However, I have to ask you a couple of questions:1) What is stopping you from doing both independent submissions and Taxi submissions? Why is it one or the other? 2) If Taxi "couldn't help you do ONE thing" how come you have have to say goodbye to all your "friends here at Taxi"? Maybe Taxi didn't get you the connections you wanted (yet) but it certainly sounds like they provided you a community. Sorry to hear they crushed you. Sometimes I feel that way too, but then I realize it's just an opinion. I've been really crushed by some really great people in my lifetime, but I feel I've become a better person for it. I'm not a cheerleader for Taxi. But I know I have benefited from the Rallies, the website and the forums. You'll never see me on MTV (I think the feeling is mutual-they don't want me nor I them). I work alone the majority of the time so I enjoy this interaction with others. I have learned that you can never know too much or too many people. I hope you find what you're looking for.

simonparker
Impressive
Impressive

Post by simonparker » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:53 am

Taxi is neither the holy-grail of the music business nor are they a scam. They are vehicle (no pun intended) to getting your music to various people/organizations in the music industry.There are many ways to promote your music and get heard. I suspect the most successful people who use TAXI, use other methodologies as well and they do not rely solely on TAXI for their success.
http://soundcloud.com/simon-parker

developing artists for record deals since 2008

gburgess
Impressive
Impressive

Post by gburgess » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:01 am

Best wishes. If something works out for you come on back to the Forum and share it with us. Personally, I appreciate hearing from anyone that has been successful--be it directly through Taxi, or through their own efforts.

bleuciel
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by bleuciel » Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:26 pm

I just don't really understand what your post is doing in the success stories...GOOD LUCK!
Jean Custeau / bleuciel@mail.com