Delayed Forward Response

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

MikeC
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Delayed Forward Response

Post by MikeC » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:15 pm

This is a delayed response to two forwards I received , but I forgot to post a thank you to screener #347 for some kind and informative input-
I appreciate the forwards but the reasons for the forwards even more so-With the Critiques on Forwards and returns I keep learning thanks to some
really GREAT screeners-
Sincerely
Mike Cirasuolo

Y180806AD

AMBIENT, DARK and DRONE-Y INSTRUMENTAL CUES are needed by a Top Shelf, EXCLUSIVE, A-List Music Library for a variety of TV, Film, Trailer, Promo, and Commercial placements. Please submit “drone-y,” atmospheric Instrumental Cues in the general stylistic ballpark of the following references: “The Lonely Tomb” True Detective https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNKoixy8_WM Dark-Drone-Ambient https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLoFsbbhmB8 Please submit well-crafted, dark, and ominous Instrumental Cues that could support moods ranging from anticipatory to ominous and everything in between. Your submissions should have a consistent droning quality with very little to no melodic movement. Be sure to stick to a singular vibe and sound throughout the entire Cue to keep your piece emotionally cohesive from beginning to end. If your Cues cause sweaty palms and a sense of general uneasiness, you might be onto something! That’s said, don’t build to a dramatic finish. Your job is not to score so much as test deodorant, if you know what we mean ;-) Clammy hands, subtly increasing tension, but no heart attack at the end. TAXI TIP: Your submissions can have some sparse percussion, but remember -- less is more for this request. Simplicity and mood are the keys to this pitch, so keep your submissions subtle and dark! Your submissions should be about 1:30 in length, give or take

GuitarKit
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Delayed Forward Response

Post by GuitarKit » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:06 am

Hey Mike, would love to listen to the track. Can you put a link to it so I can hear? Cheers.

MikeC
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by MikeC » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:13 am

Hey Kit Thanks for the interest!
www.soundcloud.com/on-cue-music/Eerie-Cold
www.soundcloud.com/on-cue-music/Gaining-on-us
Let me know what you think
Thanks
MikeC

jaywilliams
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by jaywilliams » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:24 am

MikeC thanks so much for sharing your tracks and congrats on the Forwards!

I've been working hard to crack the code on these drone cues, so having two more reference points will help.

;)
// keep it groovy and make great music :) - Jay

J.W. Hagarty, Producer
Jay Williams Productions
Spotify: bit.ly/spotifyjay
Web: jaywilliamsproductions.com
Songtradr: jay.williams.productions
SoundCloud: jay-williams-productions

stansongman
Impressive
Impressive

Post by stansongman » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:10 am

Congrats, Mike!
jaywilliams, I'm newish to drones myself, and I find them actually more difficult than traditional writing and composition. I've approached it more as a sound design effort, creating patches using things like NI Massive and Logic Sculpture, and then using modulations and controls to evolve the beds. One good exercise I found helpful is to use an existing drone (Alchemy has a bunch), and play it like an instrument rather than just using a single tone. Layering multiple notes in as you play will give some interesting effects, depending on what kinds of modulations are programmed in. Also getting comfortable with what modulations do sonically to a sound (phase, ring, filter, etc.) can help when imagining your drones and how you want them to evolve.

I got a couple of forwards for this listing, here's a link: https://soundcloud.com/stansongman/sets ... es/s-HQq0M

MikeC
Getting Busy
Getting Busy

Post by MikeC » Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:03 pm

Hey Jay and Stan,
Thanks a lot for the comments! Nice track Stan -Yeah Stan its funny about the drones if you want to make them interesting
as simple as they should be they get a little challenging- Trying to be a little different I find myself using sound design -
Best of Luck to both of you!
Sincerely
Mike