Desperately Seeking Female Vocalist for TOP 40 track (Billie Eilish Style)

We're putting YOU in the drivers seat!

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

sergpistol

Desperately Seeking Female Vocalist for TOP 40 track (Billie Eilish Style)

Post by sergpistol » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:52 pm

Dear Taxi Members

My apologies if this isn’t appropriate place for this sort of thing, but I am getting zero response in the collaboration corner so I thought I might try a more general call out for a Female Vocalist. I am considering making a submission for listing S200109PP, (TOP 40 style INDIE POP SONG) for my punk rock track "100 Degrees" however its asking for a female vocal. The listing specifies a vocal performance with plenty of attitude and indie swagger good enough for broadcast quality and the references gives two Billie Eilish tracks (bad guy & bury a friend). It’s due Wednesday so time is fleeting but nevertheless if you think you may be able to help me out with even a glimpse of a Billie version of my punk rock song then I would love to here from you. Unfortunately I live a gazillion miles away so I can only email you an mp3/wav/aiff/ogg of my backing track and lyric sheet and you can just email me back a synced stem of one or two of your vocal takes as a mp3, aiff, ogg or wav 16 Bit 44.1, which I will try my best to submit to the screeners, featuring you as the lead vocalist. Or alternatively if you prefer you can submit it yourself with me as your ghost writer/producer. You can listen to my track @ https://www.taxi.com/members/SergPistol Also any ideas or suggestions or feedback about the track you may have for me (from anyone reading this) are always welcomed. Please respond by emailing me at serge4u@tutanota.com

Kind Regards
Serg Pistol

melodymessiah
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Re: Desperately Seeking Female Vocalist for TOP 40 track (Billie Eilish Style)

Post by melodymessiah » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:01 pm

well, i don't wanna be a bug up your butt here, but punk-rock is hardly top 40 is it? :D

you probably have to pay someone to do this. try this one:
https://soundbetter.com/profiles/3930-n ... e-vocalist

sergpistol

Post by sergpistol » Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:57 am

Thx MelodyM

if I had the choice, I pref someone who wants to do the song
I've tried fiverr for that sort of thing and coming to the conclusion it may not be the best way to go
everyone wants to be paid for their effort, which is fine, but what do you get for all your sweat and tears when you spent 6 months of your life creating some piece of art (usually zip)

sergpistol

Post by sergpistol » Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:23 pm

Also MM

Your probably on the money with the TOP 40 thing and maybe I should be also be on the look out for a state of the art modern version of Syd Vicious/Slash guitarist &/or drummer. Do you know or can recommend anyone here? Cheers Serg

melodymessiah
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by melodymessiah » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:24 am

no i don't know any drummer or guitarist i can recommend. when i get my songs produced it's all midi, and since it's pop that will do, at least for pitching.

i agree that it's preferable to find a regular collab, someone who's totally into it and will do it cause they love the song, as opposed to work for hire (whether you wanna hire instrumentalists or singers) who will do anything for money. i suspect some will even say they love your stuff just to get the job :P

to my experience finding the right singer can be a bit of a nightmare, usually i have to try out a few singers before i find someone that works. sometimes i can't even believe that it's the same singer that's on the demo reel. i always ask for a cheap test (one verse and chorus, lead only) to check if it works. most singers will agree to that when asked. this has saved me a lot of money, believe me.

i've used soundbetter, airgigs and fiverr. you'll find many of the same providers, especially on airgigs and soundbetter. fiverr seems to be the cheapest, soundbetter the most expensive.

eeoo
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by eeoo » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:44 am

In my experience you get what you pay for, whether that's a cash payout or spending time networking and collaborating and creating a community of trusted friends/collaborators.

sergpistol

Post by sergpistol » Sun Jan 05, 2020 9:25 pm

You know something, your both on the money with this one. You do get what you pay for
and a Billie cat copy using that whisper singing style won’t cut it for me. (sorry Billie I love your work) This track needs more a Sia, a Lorde, Gaga or even a Taylor style voice. A guitar is a guitar for me and it doesn’t matter if its a 2020 model or from 1956, it probably more about chord voicing. Same goes for loops and beats, even the latest Roland stuff is either more of the same or back to retro, and rock and roll is a long way from dead. I watched two classically trained celloist doing of all things an AC/DC cover. Whether it is or is not TOP 40 material from my 2 cents worth is largely an academic pursuit the might be best left to the A&R execs/deal breakers and really I feel might even be a bit of a red herring to throw everyone off from what our real tasks should be. Again this is just my 2 cents coming out, but I think you just have to make the best song you can possible make with what ever we do have and if it really needs Billie or a Hendrix or some bit of new gizmo kit to sell it, then I have failed as a songwriter

Thanks guys your both legends in my book : )