Did anyone get a forward to ala Moby

Got a forward? Wanna brag about it? Post it up.

Moderators: admin, mdc, TAXIstaff

jimlap

Did anyone get a forward to ala Moby

Post by jimlap » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:40 am

Did anyone get a forward to the ala Moby listing? - I am curious to hear what actually got forwarded to that listing - thanks -

tomaragon
Impressive
Impressive

Re: Did anyone get a forward to ala Moby

Post by tomaragon » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:51 pm

I'm also curious about that....My song One in Passing got returned...

callasdiva

Post by callasdiva » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:32 pm

Great piece Tom. Very haunting. My song "Passing of Time" was also returned.http://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_ ... 2&stream=1

gitarrero
Serious Musician
Serious Musician

Post by gitarrero » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:45 pm

was that the listing for a cd compilation for an austrian label?if so, it seems like the bar was very high here. I got a return for that, too - with the comment that it was really close.. well, good but no cigar - or how's that saying? cheers,martin
production, composition & stringed instruments

callasdiva

Post by callasdiva » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:52 pm

Hi Martin,I believe this was the listing.ELECTRONICA/DANCE INSTRUMENTALS a la Moby's "God Moving Over The Face Of The Water" are wanted by a Music Publisher with tons of Film/TV placements. The Moby track is tragically beautiful with an anticipatory mood, and your submission should reflect the same sonic qualities. The track will be used in a scene preceding a murder, as the character stands on a pier overlooking the ocean at dusk. The track should be mostly instrumental, but haunting vocals as part of the tapestry could work. If vocals are used, no story should be told lyrically and no words should be particularly heard at all. Great performances are an absolute must. His deal is very simple - he splits the license fee with you 40/60 [that 60% is for you] and he doesn't take any publishing. The company's president will screen the submissions. Great recording quality is a plus, but excellent home recordings will work. Please submit one to three songs online or per CD. All submissions will be screened on a YES/NO BASIS ONLY - NO CRITIQUES FROM TAXI. Submissions must be received no later than Tuesday, Feb. 25, 2008. TAXI # Y080225DCheers

mewman
Committed Musician
Committed Musician

Post by mewman » Thu Mar 13, 2008 7:38 am

Quote: well, good but no cigar - or how's that saying? Hi MartinIt's "close, but no cigar". Of course, close only counts in Horse Shoes and atom bombs!

jimlap

Post by jimlap » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:10 am

hello - i am impressed with the submissions made to the listing -this is mine: The Trial Withinhttp://www.taximusic.com/song.php?song_id=1048 ... m=trueThis is the first time I posted a sample so I am not sure if it works